Area Division Manager - Warm Section LNG Trains (JO015790) Doha, Qatar
Our client, world's largest liquefied natural gas company, is urgently looking for a “Area Division Manager - Warm Section LNG Trains” willing to work under the following conditions for an upcoming project:
Terms and Conditions
Work Location: Qatar Onshore
Work schedule: 6 days/ week, 10 hrs/Day
Contract Duration: 24 Months
Mobilization/Demobilization tickets Provided.
Leave tickets Provided.
International Medical Insurance Provided
Visa and Work permit Provided.
Annual leave: work schedule will be 12 weeks on/2 weeks off for single status.
Fixed Monthly Logistic Allowance while Qatar Provided
Person Specification – Minimum Requirements
- Certified Engineer, bachelor’s degree in engineering or project management or higher academic diploma.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- More than fifteen (15) years in Project Engineering and Management, including for large and complex EPC contracts.
- Experience with multi-cultural type Projects.
- Experience with LNG Projects.
- Technical and Business Skills
- Technical background as a discipline engineer and experience as a Project Engineer, Senior Project Engineer, Engineering Manager with solid Project Execution experience, including with procurement, construction, commissioning and completion.
Key Result Areas:
- Provides visible SHES leadership at EPC-1 Contractor Home Offices, High Value Engineering Centers, Vendors and Subcontractors shops
- Responsible to coordinate, expedite and executive timely completion of the Category 1 COMPANY ITEMS Assignment and Novation Agreements.
- Responsible and accountable within his area to coordinate, review and approve the deliverables associated to the Gates 3 and 4 reviews.
- Focal point, responsible and accountable for the whole EPCC scope and activities within his area from EPC-1 Contractor Home Offices
Operating Environment, Framework and Boundaries:
- Works in a large fully integrated but complex Project environment in which the incumbent strives to achieve best in class Safety, Health, Environmental & Security performances by creating a culture that encourages everyone to perform their best every day on every task.
- Working in a highly visible Project environment with large capital exposure for EPC-1 Contractor, its Vendors and Subcontractors.
- Working with an EPC-1 Contractor organized as a Joint Venture that requires additional skills to ensure that the EPC-1 Contractor JV Directorate serves the interests of the Operating Centres that will require a close coordination and interaction with the EPC-1 Project Manager and Division Project Manager.
- Working effectively within established procedures and participates in all important meetings and workshops with Project Shareholders and with EPC-1 Contractor (e.g. weekly and monthly meetings, PIDs reviews, HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, Project Reviews, Constructability and Completion Reviews).
- Works in a dynamic but multiple locations team environment that has high expectations for flawless Project Execution in safety, quality, cost and schedule performances, which requires the incumbent to demonstrate capacity to take workload, work with accuracy, take initiatives, be inventive and have the ability to multi-task as essential skills.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Strong communication and interaction with others skills, concise in addressing and reporting on issues pertaining to his area.
- Managerial and leadership skills bringing the EPC-1 Contractor and the various stakeholders to work as a Team driven by the same objectives.
- Capacity to assign priorities to the Team and when require not hesitate to take actions, including letters to EPC-1 Contractor.
- Strong team leadership and collaboration skills, integrity, interpersonal understanding, self-confidence, and fairness.
- Capable to prepare within his area comprehensive and concise PowerPoint presentations, Decision Records, Position Papers, etc. to support Management Decisions including when related to COMPANY or EPC-1 Contractor Initiated Change Orders.
- Strong ability to influence others who are not in his direct control to achieve Project objectives.
- Problem Solving/Complexity:
- Undertakes complex tasks and acts as a source of guidance to the Team and Stakeholders – bring solution and provide support but not generate “micro-management” or unnecessary works to the Team and/or the EPC-1 Contractor.
- Ability to identify problems quickly and determine root cause and develop plan to mitigate or resolve them.
- Ability to utilize a systematic approach to problems solving that ensures accuracy, timeliness and quality of documentation that supports the resolution.
- Takes initiative, be inventive, based on experience to deliver timely results.
- Decision Making Authority and Responsibility:
- Full autonomy and initiative however accountability over scheduling and planning of the works within his area.
- Organizes and drives efforts of the Team and Stakeholders to achieve Project objectives.
- Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice.
- Understands organizational authority and seeks appropriate line management approvals as required.
Interested Candidate. Please do apply