Construction Specialist (Civil) (JO015745) Doha, Qatar
Our client, world's largest liquefied natural gas company, is urgently looking for a “Construction Specialist (Civil)” willing to work under the following conditions for an upcoming project:
Terms and Conditions
Work Location: Qatar Onshore
Work schedule: 6 days/ week, 10 hrs/Day
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Mobilization/Demobilization tickets : Provided
Leave tickets : Provided
International Medical Insurance : Provided
Visa and Work permit : Provided
Annual leave: : Provided
Fixed Monthly Logistic Allowance : Provided
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Knowledge and/or Experience
- Good written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Good technical team skills.
- Minimum of five (10) years’ experience primarily in construction of industrial facilities. International experience, especially Qatar or the Middle East, is preferred.
Technical and Business Skills
- Utilizes a systematic approach to problem solving that ensures accuracy, timeliness and quality of documentation in resolution.
- Able to work moderately complex tasks to completion within time constrains of Project, with minimal guidance from more experienced staff.
- Participates in the resolution of problems in more demanding and less familiar situations using precedent and own acquired knowledge.
- Able to work within a defined role with limited supervision.
- Able to make decisions and solve problems related to a specific discipline/field.
- Responsible for own work product with minimal guidance and oversight from immediate supervisor.
- Establishes credibility with peers and supervisors and makes good use of their time.
- Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Review construction sequence, work plans, pre-task planning and method statements to ensure comprehensive safety and feasibility.
- Provide Company representation in monitoring and coordinating site activities of the EPC Contractor and its subcontractor(s). Reports on the construction activities, progress, areas of concern and mitigating actions. Participates in appropriate weekly construction discipline review meetings.
- Monitor and assist the EPC Contractor and subcontractor(s) in the implementation of site-specific SHE programs to meet safety improvement strategy & objectives, emergency response and evacuation drill programs. Participate in incident/accident investigation under the SHE Coordinator in the area.
- Ensure construction work is carried out in accordance with Company rules, regulations, and standards and permit to work procedures as applicable.
- Review work and inspection results to ensure compliance with EPC Contract requirements. Interface and coordinate with Field Engineering and QA/QC sections.
- Report and record potential change order requests to assist in claims avoidance.
- Attend PMC and CLT Completions meetings to provide assistance in Mechanical Completion, punch list clearing, Commissioning, and Start-up activities as required facilitating construction deliverables for these activities.
- Maintain Construction focus and overview of civil, earthwork and structure fabrication supporting priority completions schedules.
- Work with Construction superintendents and engineers to develop and maintain overall construction and completion metrics to track PMC/Completions construction deliverables.
- Assist PMT in meeting QGMS expectations as required.
Interested Candidate Kindly apply