Mechanical Fitter (BBBH122947) Southampton, England
|GBP28000 - GBP32000 per annum
Our client are a leading Engineering & Industrial Services Provider with over 300 sites across the UK and Republic of Ireland. A requirement is available for a Mechanical Fitter to work onsite in Southampton.
You will be working with a business who offer specialised engineering services, offering a wide range of engineering components, technical services and customised solutions across all areas of industry.
Products range from flow control, power transmission to bearings with services ranging from maintenance, repair and replacement through to specialist engineering.
We are looking for a multi skilled engineer capable of working on, repairing and maintaining a wide range of mechanical industrial rotating equipment, Pumps & Gearboxes.
Your skills and role will include;
- Repairs to all types of industrial equipment including AC and DC motors, Motorised Gearboxes, Gearbox’s, Pumps, Fan units and other associated rotating equipment
- Have the ability to fault find and identify and rectify defects and worn / damaged components
- Have as a minimum basic electrical testing capability to assess electrical condition of AC & DC components
- Have sound mechanical engineering knowledge to identify and rectify faulty and worn / damaged components and understand reclamation techniques and reverse engineering options
- Pump experience namely hot oil, water, also basic hydraulic knowledge
- Applicants must be flexible and be prepared to work the hours required in a demanding and busy 24/7 service orientated environment
- Participate in call out rota as required
- Working on site in addition to the workshop when required (Site working experience is a distinct advantage and suitable qualifications such as CCNSG passport is preferable)
This position is on a 3 month temp - perm contract working the hours of Monday - Thursday 07:00am - 2:30pm | Friday 07:00am - 14:30pm
If you are interested in this position and would like to no more, please feel free to contact Carbon60 Fareham where one of our consultants will be more than happy to speak to you alternatively you can email your CV