Tutor - Building Surveying (HA2365) East London, England
|Salary:||GBP35000 - GBP42000 per annum + Travel and Benefits|
Job Title: Tutor Building Surveying
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Location: London, Essex or Kent
Salary: £35,000 - £42,000
S Knights Recruitment has a FANTASTIC opportunity for a construction professional who is a qualified Site Manager or Surveyor who is looking to become a Tutor is already working as a Tutor, with a market leading Salary of £32,000 - £42,000
To work with learners giving practical instruction and vocational experience in site management/quantity surveying in construction by teaching and assessing.
• Ensure that the learners have an effective learning experience by providing high quality guidance and advice and by enhancing their knowledge retention, progression and employability skills.
• Plan, review and deliver practical quality sessions giving comprehensible instructions to learners.
• Development of course delivery material.
• Produce schemes of work, lesson plans and other content for training delivery and to maintain these materials to a high standard.
• To liaise with line managers on visit arrangements.
• Prepare lesson plans and schemes of work. Complete registers accurately on a daily basis. Demonstrate good practice in teaching and learning.
• Support and guide learners in achieving CSCS card and vocational qualifications where necessary.
• Monitor attendance, punctuality and progress whilst building portfolios with learners and file learner’s documentation as required. Assess learners work and cross reference against standards
• Ensure learners achieve a construction qualification
• Attend training as identified through reviews with your line manager and the client's appraisal process, or as identified by the prime contractor.
• Work flexibly across offices, as and when directed by your line manager.
PTTLS or Level 3 Certificate in Education and Training
• Level 4 /5 /6 /7 / NVQ in Construction site management or similar related qualifications
Occupational competency in site management at NVQ level 4 and above with knowledge of quantity surveying
• Understanding of Health and Safety regulations within the construction industry.
• Experience of delivering training to a diverse audience including youth and potentially people with disabilities.
• Full clean driving licence.
• DBS Check
• TAQA qualification,
• CSCS card (black preferably), Health and Safety Construction
• Understanding of training standards, OFSTED and quality compliance
• Evidence of supporting learner’s success
• Experience and ability to teach a broad base of construction
• Very good standard of oral and written communication: Numeracy and Literacy- GCSEs at grade A-C or equivalent
• Ability to meet targets and deadlines