Location: Dunfermline, Scotland
Salary: depending on experience
My client is a leader within their field, based in Fife. They are looking to recruit a Mechanical Drafter into their friendly and experienced team.
The purpose of this role is to prepare basic level CAD detail drawings, sub-assemblies and final assemblies with complete dimensional data with information for engineering and manufacturing purposes.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- To create 3D Models and 2D drawings for the following as required by a project
- Conceptual Design Layouts from inception of design (from freehand sketch/verbal instruction, marked up layouts), for Quotes, Concept, Research & Development, and System Engineering Phase of project.
- Create detailed engineering drawings for manufacturing
- Highlight task alterations to Design Engineers.
- Creates sequence drawings for running procedures and check layouts
- Full understanding of electronic data management system to be able to generate Engineering Change Notices and Database Information Sheets
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Professional certification/technical diploma or equivalent (mechanical engineering)
- CAD drafting trained in a technical trade institution or equivalent
- Experience in a CAD drafting mechanical environment
- Knowledge of standard drafting techniques, mechanical engineering, and metallurgy
- Experience using 3D modelling software
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".
* Indicates a required field.