Components Supply Chain Team Leader (BBBH13279) Gatwick, England
I am seeking a Components Supply Chain Team Leader for a new permanent opportunity near LGW, West Sussex. My client offers the sale, loan & exchange of aircraft components, as well as repair management, leasing & contract support.
** Please note that relevant experience in the aircraft spares industry is ESSENTIAL
to be considered for this role. **
The Components Supply Chain Team Leader will work in conjunction with the Senior Operations Director in delivering operational performance in accordance with contracted Commercial service level targets and internal KPIs.
The position will work closely and communicate constantly with the company’s airline customers providing detailed and confident feedback to all the demands, to ensure all aspects of Materials, Procurement and Inventory Management are efficiently and effectively processed.
The post-holder will lead, manage and motivate their assigned team including the discipline, and interviewing, hiring and training of new employees.
· Lead the Operations Specialist Team to ensure all customer demands are managed and coordinated from order initiation to delivery, in line with the contractual commercial service level.
· Co-ordinate with Operations Specialists to prioritise all demands each day and prepare and present the status orders using order management tools. This will include AOG requests and/ or outside of standard business hours, in accordance with the contractual commercial service level.
· Maintain excellent communication with the customer until delivery, informing of potential alternative solutions as required at the outset & disruptions of supply and forecast of delivery time and finally item delivered.
· In the case of a Nil or Not stock situation within the company inventory, Investigate the possible fulfilment of the open demand by expediting the Repair/Purchase Orders, Free of Charge (FOC) exchange with the Repair vendor/ OEM. Review the system for alternatives, review relevant OEM websites for alternative that maybe available in stock. In the event the demand cannot be satisfied from the expedite process, then tender the market for the most cost efficient supply is to be used as a last resort, whilst always checking the “To Buy” list – which is maintained by the Inventory team.
· Ensure implementation of all contractual requirements to guarantee customer satisfaction and contract performance.
· Co-Ordinate with the Supply Chain Team Leader to monitor all operational SLA’s and KPIs to ensure contractual service levels are being achieved and contractual responsibilities are being adhered to across all North American and International Contracts.
· Per the terms of customer contracts and internal procedures, ensure that Service Level Reports are completed and available for internal and external (customer circulation).
· Ability to identify at an early stage, potential problems and risks, evaluate and anticipate implications and be proactive and communicate with all concerned parties in developing and defining contingency/recovery plans and actions.
· To ensure that where consumption can be forecast economic provisioning action is taken to provide requirements in a timely fashion obviating the need to purchase on a priority basis.
· Report all information collected regarding issues, complaints, customer internal changes, best contact/interlocutor, fleet evolution.
· Be flexible and available – where feasible for business travel.
· Understand and contribute to ensuring departmental and company targets are met
· Responsible for maintaining the Operations Specialists training and development
· Conduct at least quarterly reviews with team members to discuss goals issued by Senior Operations Director and any additional goals agreed related to the development of the Operations Specialist.
Ideal candidate profile:
· Equivalent working experience in a similar field
· A broad knowledge and understanding of an Airline operating and business environment including Technical Services, Operations, Customer Services.
· Advanced computer proficiency: Microsoft Office - Word/Excel/Outlook
· Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills – Fluency in English, spoken as written.
· Ability to develop and implement new ideas to improve processes
· Must have confidence and the ability to be persuasive and assertive – creative to find cost driven solutions.
· Must possess the ability to work within the 24/7 operation, to absorb operational multiple operational demands within a timely fashion.
· Ability to learn new procedures and adapt positively to and drive change.
· Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities.
· Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and effectively deal with tight deadlines and pressure.
· Valid UK Driving License and ability to drive company vehicles
· This role will be 100% office based
· Mon - Fri working week
· Salary available on application
- Free onsite parking and excellent public transport links
- Attractive benefits package including Private Medical & Dental Insurance, Enhanced Pension Scheme, Life Assurance cover, Annual VDU eye tests
- Training and development opportunities
- Candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK at the time of application
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.