Aviation Industry Lawyer – Competition/Antitrust Law (BBBH13056) Doha, Qatar
I am seeking an Aviation Industry Lawyer, specifically with strong experience of both:
- Competition law and;
- Antitrust experience
Candidates must have experience from the aviation industry in these areas above to be considered.
This is a permanent opportunity, to be office based 100% in Doha, Qatar for a global brand.
The successful candidate will report to the General Counsel. They will be responsible for the drafting, review and negotiation of policies & procedures on a range of legal and compliance matters in relation to Strategic Alliances and Loyalty Partnerships. They will provide legal advice on competition/antitrust law and compliance matters.
- Negotiate, draft and implement a wide variety of simple and complex commercial agreements.
- Development and management of strategic contracts in accordance with corporate requirements, supporting legal requirements and procedures to secure and protect the business interests of the company in matters related to Contracts and in particular from the competition/antitrust law perspective.
- Establish the business as an ethical contractor of services in a highly competitive market with fair price for exceptional service level. Review draft and negotiate contracts with suppliers and service providers.
- Develop and implement suggestions to contract policy and procedure revision and improvement.
- Resolve any disputes which come up and identify areas for improvement in company’s contracting processes.
- Provide legal interpretations on Standard Terms and Conditions of Contracts.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
Ideal Candidate profile
- Qualified lawyer in the UK, European Union, US, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand or Canada with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of competition law within the aviation industry
- Experience in crafting competition/antitrust advice and strategic guidance to achieve business goals.
- Has hands-on work in antitrust and competition law matters, including counseling internal clients, and supporting competition/antitrust litigation and deals.
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with effective verbal and written English communication skills
- Proven senior influencing and relationship management skills to balance and manage diverse stakeholder interests
- The role will be 100% office based in Doha, Qatar. Working from home will not be considered for this particular role.
- Attractive package will include salary plus allowance for accommodation, utilities, travel, medical cover, schooling.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”