Test Technology Engineer (BBBH13217) City of London, England
|Salary:||GBP40000 - GBP50000 per annum|
I am seeking a Test Technology Engineer to join my client’s Test and Verification Services team in the City of London, EC1Y.
This role would suit a very ‘hands on’ candidate, who enjoys building & installing network equipment, undertaking initial testing & troubleshooting prior to the solutions being formally tested.
The role will be mostly onsite work with occasional work from home available.
Main Responsibilities of the Test Technology Engineer:
· Support of our Lab hardware, software and infrastructure both in the UK and abroad.
· First line test environment technical support to the Test & Integration Teams & Remote Workers
· Support Troubleshooting and diagnosis of issues with the environment
· Effectively communicating issues to management and higher level technical support
· Support fulfilling technical requirements for an environment setup
· Identifying required configuration changes based on knowledge of a given solution
· Set up of the lab environment to the required specification for system and acceptance test campaigns
· Maintaining a functional environment for the duration of the campaigns
· Tracking Lab Bookings and Assets, dynamically responding to changes
· Creating and Maintaining diagrams, documentation and guides related to lab infrastructure, setup and processes
· Ensuring adherence to Lab Best Practices and ensuring the lab is health and safety compliant, including risk management and mitigation
Ideal candidate profile:
· Previous related work experience and a degree in a relevant technical subject (Engineering/Physics/Computing/Networking/etc.)
· Previous experience in testing and/or fault analysis
· Background in computing / networking
· Hands on experience installing equipment
· Working knowledge in Linux based systems, setup, administration
· Understanding of Virtualisation Concepts & Platforms (e.g. KVM)
· Knowledge of networking concepts (TCP-IP/DNS/DHCP/Network Routing/ICMP)
· Basic proficiency with Scripting Languages (Python, JS) and an understanding of OO Principles (Java, C++)
· Hands on experience with installing, integrating or repairing equipment
· Experience working with RF communication systems or avionics
· Knowledge configuring CISCO equipment
· Experience using Confluence & JIRA
· Knowledge of test automation software (Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin)
· Have experience testing user interfaces (UI/UX)
· Have experience in testing within telecommunication networks or satellite systems
· Limited travel may be involved with this position
· Onsite facilities – gym, restaurant
· Healthcare and dental scheme
· Life insurance
· All candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK at the time of application
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.