Systems Engineer - Deep Strike Mission Planning (BBBH13280) Bristol, England
|Salary:||GBP0 - GBP60 per hour|
An exciting opportunity has arisen with my client to join a small, driven and dynamic team within the Mission Planning & Control department, who are focused on delivering a Mission Planning product for the UK domestic customer. You will be working on a key Mission Planning product within the Storm Shadow weapon system. The project is a multi-phase development focused on both hardware and software obsolescence as well as functional enhancements.
Role: Systems Engineer – Deep Strike Mission Planning
Pay: Up to £60 Per Hour Via Umbrella Company
Contract: 6 Months
Hours: Monday – Friday, Split of Onsite and working from home, however candidates should be prepared that working onsite will be required more often than not
Security Clearance: Required before starting
You will have the opportunity to…
- Work within a cross-functional team spanning Systems, Software, Guidance, Control & Navigation, Simulation & Modelling and more.
- Conduct systems engineering activities within a contract with heavy end user involvement.
- Author key documents, both internal and for the customer/end user.
- You will provide key inputs to requirements capture, design freezes.
- Undertake system integration work and informal and formal testing.
- Produce verification/validation evidence and support the certification process, as well as system acceptance.
- Strong understanding of System Engineering Process is essential with significant recent experience in a systems engineering role ideally across the full lifecycle.
- Experience in tools for Requirements Capture and Control (DOORS) and Configuration Management essential (use of RTC is highly beneficial)
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a collaborative environment both physically and virtually is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including an ability to author or contribute to technical reports and documentation are essential.
- Experience of technical problem solving.
- General understanding of mission planning would be of benefit.
- Excellent ‘can do’ attitude and pro-active behaviours are essential.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Hollie Binstead at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”