MRO Category Lead (BBBH13381) Hassocks, England
|Salary:||GBP30429 - GBP40000 per annum|
I have an exciting opportunity with a client based in Hassocks for a MRO Category Lead within the Vendor Team. The Vendor Team are responsible for the Sourcing and selection of suitable, cost effective and technically capable component repair vendors, able to meet the business requirements of cost, turn-around and quality.
Adopting a Category Management approach, supporting internal and external customers with responsibilities associated with MRO outsourcing strategies and governance in accordance with business objectives. To work with MRO vendor’s worldwide ensuring quality is in line with business objectives & policy, on time delivery and contract adherence whilst minimalizing costs. All functions to focus on stock availability, reducing costs and developing customer satisfaction.
Role: MRO Category Lead
Hours: Monday to Friday 7.5 hours per day
Salary: £30,429 - £40,934
- Report on MRO Vendor performance in accordance with MRO Departmental KPI’s; value, delivery, reliability, compliance, and service
- Report on existing MRO Vendor contracts ensuring service levels
- Negotiation and implementation of Vendor agreements and GTAs
- Undertake component analysis, effectivity, repair shop capability and vendor sourcing
- Working closely with the key stakeholders in Operational MRO, Asset Purchasing, Sales and Technical teams to develop effective communication and working strategies to ensure a consistent approach to Vendors
- Management of the daily tactical work to ensure timely responses in allocating Repair vendors for Stock requests, aircraft teardown projects, exchanges taken, customer core returns, Repair Management and Sales Support requests.
- Work with existing and potential vendors, securing best price through vendor negotiations, collaboration, and benchmarking.
- Control costs by means of the most effective solutions to maximise savings, including but not limited to vendor discounts and rebate agreements
- Host regular vendor interface meetings, both on site at Vendor or at HQ; targeting poor performing vendors, ensuring thorough records are kept, and solutions to any issues agreed and followed up on.
- Responsible for the monthly reporting of allocated category of spend.
- Provide vendor sourcing and pricing in support of new business and bid support.
- Maintain & record procurement information utilising the company data base to include Vendor and Strategic partner bid feedback
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to develop good relationships with people at all levels.
- Able to multi-task and process good time management skills
- Able to work to deadlines
- Support MRO leadership with vendor ratings and assist with Compliance & business objectives
- Understand and adhere to Export Control regulations where relevant
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude towards all types of work (a positive 'can do' attitude)
- Assist and support the MRO Vendor Team Leader and Technical Manager as requested
- Any other duties as requested
- Background in Supply Chain at Tactical or Strategic levels preferred
- Experience in the Aviation industry/environment/role is preferred
- Problem solving ability and experience in the use of Root Cause & Corrective actions
- Numerate, accurate with the ability to meet deadlines
- Analytical thinking and reporting skills.
- Self-motivated and flexible with the ability to succeed in a busy environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Strong organisation and administration skills, Ability to prioritise and manage workloads
- Excellent computer literacy, highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook with some experience of Quantum and web-based Aircraft parts databases preferred
- Ability to travel when required