Small Works Manager (BBBH13263) Bolton, England
|Salary:||GBP25 - GBP25 per hour|
My client is looking for a Small Works Manager to join them on a 6 month contract. The Client-side Small Works Manager will work closely with the Facilities Manager to support all Facilities Management Small Works and lifecycle replacement activities across the sites.
The role is a key technical and operational role, providing professional delivery and project administration of Small Works and lifecycle projects including new requirements capture, project delivery, commissioning, handover and occupation.
The holder of the role will be required to develop the site forward maintenance plans and cyclical painting plans.
Role: Small Works Manager
Pay: Up to £25 per hour via Umbrella
Contract: 6 Months
Hours: Monday – Friday, predominantly onsite with occasional flexible working
Security Clearance: BPSS
- Delivery of building related Small Works projects including M&E, security systems, internal and external fabric across the Bolton portfolio.
- Manage the preparation of an appropriate project brief including cost, programme and scope for sign off by internal customers.
- Effectively manage and co-ordinate trades, plan tenders and obtain quotes from framework contractors via Tender & Procurement portal
- Devise and manage the delivery of survey programmes relating to lifecycle maintenance and predictive replacement
- Work alongside group Energy Manager in identifying, assessing feasibility of and delivering energy saving initiatives.
- Ensuring the timely rectification of defects inline with contractor aftercare processes.
- Where required assist Strategy and Capital Projects team, in the preparation of project briefs and pre-construction information.
- Act as “Clerk of Works” in the absence of the Capital Projects Manager, ensuring quality standards are adhered to, work is progressing in line with program and issues are resolved.
- Act as deputy to the Site Facilities Manager. To attend meetings and committees and represent the Facilities Team as required.
- Contribute to the preparation of Emergency and Business Continuity procedures
- To provide necessary support to enable the Facilities department to function effectively and efficiently
Health, Safety and Environmental
- Carry out Workplace Inspections, ensuring that all non-conformances are rectified within agreed timescales
- May be invited to act as a Site Champion for FM topics such as Energy, Waste or Business Continuity
- Assist the Facilities Manager to monitor contractor KPIs and SLAs, ensuring company standards and contractual deliverables are achieved.
- The ability to analyse contractor performance results, creating and implementing corrective action plans where required.
- Engineering Hard Services background.– Essential
- NEBOSH National Construction Certificate – Essential
- Recognised foundation or introductory certificate in project management e.g. APM, PRINCE2 etc – Essential
- HNC in construction related subject – Desirable
- Excellent knowledge and experience of minor works project delivery and CDM regulations Demonstrable knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and Regulations within the context of the FM environment.
- Understanding of SFG20 Maintenance Specifications and the application within a PPM plan.
- Experience of managing sub-contractors against contractual KPIs & SLAs.
- Experience of managing churn and refurbishments.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft office, including Visio and Project, and Excel is essential.
- Be able to interpret and understand Autocad drawings.
- Member Level of IWFM