Supply Chain Analyst (BBBH214) Glasgow, Scotland
|GBP30000 - GBP35000 per annum + plus excellent wider benefits
MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Supply Chain Analyst on behalf of our Retail and E-commerce client. My client is a national leader in their respective field. The Supply Chain Analyst will work a hybrid working model, based between home and East Kilbride, Scotland.The Supply Chain Analyst will report into the Commercial Manager, who is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Supply Chain Analyst to join their dynamic team.
This is a newly created role and will be critical to growth across our client’s stores and our ecom platform. The role includes owning pricing data, supporting the commercial manager with information on sales, mix, and stock availability.
The successful Supply Chain Analyst will have hands-on attention to detail and be comfortable working with large amounts of data. This will suit someone who has retail or D2C experience and is keen to be part of a growing successful business.
- You will provide support for everything from stock level reviews through to weekly, seasonal and adhoc reporting, with a view to maximising profitability.
- Collate and report on sales and stock availability across multiple sales channels.
- You will be comfortable working with a large amount of data and manipulating to provide accurate and presentable reporting for the team.
- You will manage the data already on the system, proposing any improvements accordingly and be the owner of any new product data. With a large number of SKUs it will be important that each line is attributed correctly for reporting.
- You will play a key role in forecasting sales, stock levels and margins and proactively identify opportunities and risks at category and line level.
- Liaising with Stores to ensure that purchase orders are correct and sent to suppliers within the critical path deadlines.
- You will play a key part in the new product set up process, ensuring all information regarding the new line is uploaded accurately to the system.
- Support the team with system amendments, including the upload of month end price files for promotions and key strategic initiatives.
- You will do regular competitor reviews, pulling together internal and external data to present back to the team and actively follow up on any actions.
- Recognising when issues need to be flagged up to the senior team, with suggestions on how the issue can be rectified. For example, be responsible for monitoring slow sellers and proposing action to reduce prices or set promotions as necessary.
- Manage the intake of stock across the business and make suggestions on improvements on the stock flow and ordering process to maximise availability and ensure we have the right stock, at the right time, for the right customer.
- Analysing sell through data on a regular basis to ensure that accurate information is being used to control the stock availability and to ensure forward promotions can take place due to available stock
Knowledge, Skills and experiences;
- A methodical, analytical and process driven approach with strong problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to spot anomalies, suggesting course of action to mitigate issues.
- Self-motivated, Strong communicator and excellent relationship building skills.
- Use your initiative to run projects and identify opportunities through new tasks.
- Able to work in a busy environment and meet deadlines whilst attention to detail is paramount.
- Previous experience of stock management, with a large number of SKUs is preferable.
- Previous experience of Sage software would be an advantage.
- The ability to handle multiple priorities to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, advanced knowledge of Excel required.
- The ability to present a plan and deliver.