HR & Compliance Manager (HR& Compliance) Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the role
As a member of the campus Senior Leadership Team, the HR & Compliance Manager supports the General Manager - Murdoch University Dubai, to provide HR and Compliance guidance and support to the campus to help deliver strategic business outcomes, ensure regulatory compliance, improve business and individual performance, build operational and individual capability, and support a positive workplace culture.
The HR & Compliance Manager will: liaise with General Manager and Group HR to develop and implement HR processes and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy and in line with UAE Labour Law; bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues, and; manage the recruitment and selection process, employee performance management, training & development and talent management, consistent with the organisation's overall human resource strategy.
The HR & Compliance Manager will also: ensure the operations are fully compliant with relevant registration and legislative requirements, provide advice and manage campus governance processes; embed quality practices including management and oversight of compliance and quality audits, accreditation and registration; continuous improvement of the policy framework, strategic and operational planning, reporting to legislative bodies, and overall compliance with the UAE regulatory framework within which the Campus operates.
The role requires a mature, focused and supportive team player, who is details orientated with a patient and pragmatic approach to organisational administration and regulatory requirements. To be successful, the individual will have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and confidently, build rapport within key relationships, and be mindful of culturally sensitive situations and environments.
The candidate we seek will ideally have the following
- Completion of a tertiary qualification or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education, preferably in a tertiary education environment
- Experience in providing general HR support to staff and managers in the UAE
- Demonstrated understanding of, and experience in working with the Dubai education sector regulatory framework; experience in managing commercial/educational regulatory compliance in the UAE.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement of processes and procedures across organisational boundaries, and monitoring outcomes of identified opportunities for improvement.
- Strong customer service ethic.
- High attention to detail and excellent time management and organisational skills.
- High level oral and written communication skills, including the ability to deliver management briefings and consult with staff at all levels of the organisation; demonstrated ability to prepare written material such as accreditation reports and committee minutes
- Exhibits a resourceful and proactive approach.
- Ability to work autonomously and use initiative.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (high level of emotional intelligence and good judgement).
- Can juggle multiple tasks, projects, client demands and prioritise.
- Ability to manage well under pressure.
- Demonstrates problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated computer literacy, including strong skills in Microsoft Office suite packages.
What we can do for you
- Career progression and development pathways
- Collegial and collaborative environment with a commitment to education
- Health & Wellbeing initiatives for you and your family
- Employee Assistance Program available to employees and their immediate family members
- Supporting your continued personal development through our staff Study Assistance Program
Navitas Middle East FZ LLC is the Academic Infrastructure Provider (AIP) for Murdoch University Dubai since 2019.
Working at Navitas, you will be part of a truly global organisation, powered by a diverse and talented group of over 7,000 colleagues. From teachers to marketers, IT professionals and corporate administrators, Navitas offers a variety of career choices across our 120 + colleges and offices around the world, with locations throughout Australia, North America, Europe, Africa and Asia.
We are proud of the culture we have developed in Navitas – one that is driven by our values and our aim for a positive experience for all employees in our workplace. As an organisation, we promote diversity, flexibility and equal opportunities. We strive to create a safe, positive and engaging experience for all of our employees, wherever they sit in the organisation, and wherever they are located in the world.
How to apply
Please apply online to lodge your application successfully.
Applications close on Thursday, 25/03/2021 at 18:00pm however, we reserve the right to progress or confirm applicants prior to close date. Applications received after the close date may be considered pending the recruitment process.
To our agency partners – thank you for your interest however, we will not be accepting unsolicited applications and we do not require support for this role, at this stage