Materials Handler I (193101) Bingen, Washington
|Salary:||USD18 - USD20 per hour + DOE|
Material Handlers Wanted
Pay Rate: $18 - $20/hr DOE
Monday- Friday Day Shift
Volt in partnership with Zepher Inc, who is a leading manufacturer of aerospace and defense products, are looking for a few material handlers. These positions are contract positions that could be a few weeks up to 6 months. Potential to be hired on full time for the right candidate. Zepher is a family owned business with a great culture and owners that truly care about their employee’s. They offer hands on training and a friendly and fun atmosphere.
- Receive products from vendor deliveries and unload trucks.
- Compare packing lists to company purchase orders and ensure that the products in
each delivery match the packing list.
- Enter receiving data into ERP system to maintain accurate inventory count.
- Organize and maintain inventory.
- Work with Quality and Purchasing to resolve problems such as damages, shortages,
and nonconformance of materials to specifications.
- Confirm jobs and create job travelers.
- Kit parts for production.
- Assist with tracking and planning inventory levels, identify backorders and expediting necessary materials/supplies.
- Participate in cycle counts and full physical inventory counts.
- Monitor shipment lead times, delivery dates, and expected items.
- Maintain and organize shipping supplies.
- Prepare outgoing deliveries including packaging, pack slip generation, needed
documentation, labeling and delivery.
- Contact freight carriers when necessary to plan deliveries and issue instructions
- Verify and maintain documentation for production, receiving, and shipping
- Maintain receiving, inventory, shipping and other areas of the shop; recycle
packaging materials, break down delivery boxes and dispose of waste.
Operate machinery such as a hand truck or forklift to move material from inventory
to production areas.
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent.
- Shipping and receiving experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word and Excel; previous experience with an ERP system.
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 40 pounds on a routine basis.
- Ability to work overtime hours, as required.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills; strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently under general supervision.
- Position requires pre-employment screenings.
To Apply: Please click the “Apply” button below. You will be redirected to Volt's website where you can apply for this position, upload your resume, and view this and all other job opportunities we currently have available. You can also call Kris Loucks at 503-820-5206 for immediate consideration. Please refer to Job Id 193101 when calling. A resume will still be required.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer