Games Programming Lecturer (161.51.511.171.13) Brisbane, Australia
Games Designs / Programming Lecturer
About the role
SAE Brisbane is seeking an experienced and passionate Games Designs / Programming Lecturer with a passion for teaching the next generation of industry professionals.
The position involves planning, developing and delivering training and administration of units of accredited courses at HE degree level to both local and international students. You will be part of a dynamic and creative team that supports students to reach their full academic potential and develops their experience in preparation for entering their respective industry.
You will also pro-actively promote achievements of SAE, its students and staff and build relationships to further promote the Institute's programs within the wider professional community. This is a collegial role important in shaping and developing the curriculum and academic direction for SAE at a campus and national level.
The person we seek will ideally have the following:
- At least five years’ professional, demonstrable experience in a related field (SAE can support industry professionals with the transition to teaching if necessary), and, or hold an AQF Level 8, or higher, in a related discipline;
- Experience with Mobile App Development
- Experience with Simulation Environments
- Demonstrable experience in AR and VR.
- Experience in shader programming.
- Experience in A.I. path finding and behaviours.
- C# Programming and Unity experience with a portfolio of work.
- Experience using source control.
- Significant industry experience in one or more SAE discipline areas
As part of the application process you will be required to provide examples of evidence to support depth and breadth of professional experience, such as evidence of professional output in a related discipline.
What we can offer you:
- Career opportunities globally and professional development
- Fun, creative, modern facilities on a beautiful campus
- Collegial and collaborative environment with the aim of academic excellence
- Health & Wellbeing packages which includes free counselling for employees and family, discounted movie tickets, discounts on travel, accommodation and insurance
Established in 1976, SAE Creative Media Institute provides niche creative media programs to about 10,000 students at more than 50 campuses around the world.
SAE is recognised for providing students with access to the best industry equipment and facilities, employing teaching staff with strong industry experience and delivering hands on teaching and learning in small class environments. The Institute engages with industry to develop curriculum that is relevant to local and global workforce needs. Work placements and internships are embedded in SAE programs are pathways to employment.
Globally, SAE offers an extensive suite of creative media programs, from short courses and professional training through to bachelor and postgraduate degrees.
Diversity and Inclusion
SAE promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace will deliver a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students and clients.
We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and diverse community groups.
How to apply
Please apply online to lodge your application successfully. For enquiries about the role, please contact Michael Page on (07) 3017 4397.
Applications close on 3rd March 2022 at 11.59pm however, we reserve the right to progress or confirm applicants prior to close date. Applications received after the close date may be considered pending the recruitment process.
To our agency partners – thank you for your interest however, we will not be accepting unsolicited applications and we do not require support for this role, at this stage
For more information or to view other opportunities, please visit navitas.com/careers
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and working with children check.