Senior Project Engineer - Renewables/Offshore Wind (894275) Wimbledon, England
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer (Offshore Wind) to be based in the London office on a Staff basis.
Working across multiple offshore wind farm projects, the primary focus for the Senior Project Engineer is to deliver scopes of work on Wind Farm projects. The Senior Project Engineer will support the end clients to deliver their Offshore Work Packages and also support on other live offshore wind farm projects including involvement on live bids, proposals, consulting, technical advisory and R&D design lead scopes. The role offers significant opportunities for personal development and the opportunity to get involved in some exciting projects. We are seeking people who are keen to develop to their full potential to the mutual benefit of the individual, the team and the company.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Lead projects or work with lead engineers to achieve a satisfactory conclusion of the project within the allotted budget and timescale.
- Responsible, as directed, for providing project engineering services to projects in various phases (design, construction, commissioning or operations)
- Work in a multi-disciplinary project team, to conduct design and analysis work independently and to the satisfaction of the project lead.
- Ability to act as a project engineer/package engineer/package manager on behalf of client.
- Deliver work packages from start to finish whilst understanding both theoretical and practical elements of foundations design, management, fabrication, and installation.
- Prepare Employers Requirements, review EPCI Design Basis and FEED studies.
- Contract management, preparation, and review of Technical Communication notes.
- Package / Contractor interface; various - HSE, QA and QC, consent compliance, stakeholder engagement and site conditions (geophysical, geotechnical and metocean).
- Manage Package Document Control.
- Assisting in Factory Acceptance Tests or audits of contractors and their sub-contractors.
- Assisting in the daily management of contractors once the Project moves into the construction phase
- Proactively identifying engineering issues and risks to be addressed
- Managing interfaces between construction packages, Marine Warranty Surveyor, Consents Compliance and Health, Safety and Environment
- Ensure that all design work under their control is performed, reviewed, checked and approved in accordance with ODE and/or project specific engineering procedures
- Provide sketches, supervise drafting of drawings by CAD resource
- Preparing engineering model and reports
- Provide technical supervision to a graduate structural engineer
Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Experienced foundation engineer, with OWF foundation design experience.
- Senior level (previous experience in OWF).
- Experience with managing stakeholders and clients.
- Experience as Project Engineer with exposure to Offshore Wind Developments
- Experience working on Offshore Wind packages would be beneficial
- Experience working with external clients and teams beneficial
- Commercial awareness
- Detail conscientious
- High tolerance for uncertainty, results orientation
- Strong work ethic
- Leadership skills and management experience-
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good report writing skills essential
- Confident and outgoing individual
- Team player, self-starter and problem solver i.e. "Can -do" attitude
- Strong IT literacy
- Flexible to travel in UK and working away from base office
BEng or Master’s Degree in Electrical, Structural, Civil or related Engineering. Chartered engineer (preferable but not essential)
The closing date for applications is 13th February 2022. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond to everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
ODE is an equal opportunities employer.
To comply with immigration legislation, ODE is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK.
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon ODE being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGED