Senior Clinical Psychologist (Maori-focused) (1000359) Kelburn, Wellington Central, New Zealand
- Do you want to invest in the future of our profession?
- Are you knowledgeable about Te Ao Maori and feel passionate about supporting tauira Maori and developing bicultural competencies?
- Do you enjoy supervising, teaching, and working in an intellectually stimulating environment?
If you answered YES to these questions we’d love you to come and join our team in the Clinical Psychology Training Programme at Victoria University of Wellington as a Senior Clinical Psychologist (Maori-focus).
This is a diverse role which includes supervision, teaching, advice and clinical practice: We need someone to join our team to:
- Provide supervision and instruction to students in all levels of the training programme
- Support tauira Māori, enhance student knowledge of Matauranga Māori, and assist the programme to continue to develop bicultural practice.
- Maintain a small case-load
- You may also have the opportunity to be involved in research work within the school
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A New Zealand registered Psychologist in the Clinical Psychology Scope of Practice
- Registration with NZ Psychologist Board, with Clinical Psychology Vocational Scope of Practice
- Proven experience as a Clinical supervisor
- Competency and knowledge of evidence-based clinical psychology practice
- Competency and knowledge of Te Ao Māori, Mātauranga Māori in the context of psychology, and Māori models of care.
We offer a competitive salary, commitment to professional development, and a flexible working schedule in an intellectually stimulating environment.
We can be flexible for the right applicant and we would consider part-time and/or fixed term as well as a full time permanent appointment.
Applications close: 30th June 2020
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is New Zealand’s globally ranked capital city university, focused on engaging with Wellington, New Zealand, and the Asia-Pacific region and connecting with the world. The University values the expertise of its professional staff in supporting and enabling teaching, research and engagement activities.
Victoria University of Wellington is an EEO employer and actively seeks to meet its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi. We care about your privacy and personal information. You can review the University's privacy notice or alternatively find out more about working at the University using the links at the top of the current vacancies page.
Important – Application Steps.
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Click Apply Now Button at base of Advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
Email completed application form and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org along with any further supporting documents stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.