Remover / Driver (6703) Brighton, England
|Salary:||GBP8.91 - GBP9.5 per hour|
This is a great role for someone who can be available at short notice and enjoys physical work on an ad-hoc basis. You may be asked to work at short notice, i.e. Same day or next day.
However, we do need two temporary employees to start on Monday!
You will start and finish your day at the charities warehouse, where there is free parking and easy access from public transport.
• Driving a van (covered on standard UK Driving Licence) or acting as Drivers Mate (no driving required)
• Removing of furniture from donor’s homes and taking to warehouse for sorting
• Moving of furniture from warehouse to shops around Sussex
• Delivering furniture to the homes of customers
• Heavy lifting and physically demanding role
• Representing the charity when meeting with donors and customers
• Providing a friendly, professional service
• Ideally have experience within a similar role, although this is not a necessity
• Hold a clean UK drivers licence – necessary for the role of Driver, ideal but not necessary for the role of Drivers Mate
• Be physically fit. This is a physically demanding job and you will need to be able to spend extended time moving heavy furniture
• Be reliable. Customers, donors, the retail side of the charity and your co-workers are all effected if you fail to attend work
• Be professional, friendly and enthusiastic
• Be customer focused
This role is available on an ad-hoc basis, Monday – Friday, 9-5. You may be booked into shifts in advance or called the day before/same day to work.
This role pays £8.91per hour for Drivers Mate and £9.50 per hour for Drivers.