Arts and Cultural Officer - Galleries (210018017) Emerald, Australia
IPA are looking for an Arts and Cultural Officer - Galleries to be part of a team for a Temporary Position based in Emerald.
The successful applicant will be employed by IPA on a labour hire basis for the duration of the assignment. The role offers full time hours, Monday – Friday. Pay rate on offer will be discuss at the interview stage.
As an Arts and Cultural Officer - Galleries you will be responsible for promoting the identity of the region and contributing to community cultural development. This is achieved through the planning and coordination of arts, cultural, history, heritage and educational events, activities and facilities.
You will be required to assist in a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
Coordinate exhibitions, programs, activities and art awards in the business’s galleries located in Emerald and Springsure. Art collection inventory control and conservation.
Other duties may include:
- Developing strategies, action plans, policies and procedures
- Assist with facilitating, implementing and reporting
- Community development
- Coordinate exhibitions, programs, activities and art awards
- Community engagement activities
- General reporting and administration
You will possess:
- Experience in the arts, culture, history, heritage or related fields
- Experience hosting and promoting community meetings, programs, events and initiatives
- Great customer service skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to learn new skills
If you are looking to further your career or gain more experience within this field please apply now.