Business Analyst (BSR2122066) Edinburgh, Scotland
This role offers a competitive salary and rewards package including up to 20% annual bonus, pension plan, employee discounts and flexible benefits; plus 31 days annual leave and 6 bank holidays.
Hours – 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday. (Full time)
About the role
The Business Analyst role within our IT Department is responsible for gathering, validating and prioritising functional and non-functional business requirements for new and existing solutions, data analytics, reporting and business process changes. The Business Analyst will create and own the ‘to be’ processes, customer journeys and business requirements required to support the development of new solutions, dashboards and change projects. They will ensure business requirements are capable of being implemented in a sustainable and enduring way, supporting and guiding the business stakeholders through the implementation process.
What we are looking for
- Responsible for eliciting, validating & documenting accurate Business Needs Analysis via initiation and facilitation of workshops and 1:1's with stakeholders, achieving Business Owner & Business Sponsor sign-off
- Detailed understanding of the data governance policies and ensuring that changes being made to systems are properly evaluated to avoid any disruption to processes or reporting suites
- Act as a ‘critical friend’ to allocated internal customers continually reviewing processes and customer requests, proactively improving the reporting process
- Ensuring robust and valid translation of business needs into documented functional and non-functional requirements.
- Ensuring that requirements map to the business need being addressed, they are approved by all the appropriate stakeholders and that they meet with relevant quality standards.
- Understand the scope of change projects and manage expectations of business functional areas
- Work with appointed resources (internal, external and third parties) to meet project delivery objectives and resolve issues and problem cases
- Build and maintain relationships with internal customers and stakeholders, particularly business owners, IT and change delivery teams
Think water’s boring? Think again. Life at Business Stream is fast paced, we are operating in a highly competitive new market, where no two days are the same. We are one of the leading providers of water retail services to businesses across the UK. It’s been an exciting few years for us, we acquired the non-household customer base of Southern Water in April 2017, and in 2019 we announced the acquisition of Yorkshire Water’s non-household customer base. We’ve also secured over £250 million of new business and firmly positioned Business Stream as one of the top three water retailers in the UK.
We’re passionate about our people and our customers and we want to make a positive difference to the environment and the communities we live and work in. And that’s why we launched our water efficiency pledge, committing to help our customers reduce the amount of water they use by 20%.
How do I apply?
Please submit a covering letter and CV. Please note, your cover letter will also be reviewed as part of the selection process and should cover the following points:
- Why you are interested in applying for the role;
- Why you think you’d be a strong match for the role
Please also include current salary details and notice period with your application.
Applications should be received no later than 5pm on Friday, 3rd December 2021.