Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Spectrum Brands – The Pet Care business unit of Spectrum Brands is based in St. Louis, Missouri with distribution, manufacturing and sales offices throughout the US and globe. Owners of dogs, cats, birds, small animals, fish and reptiles rely on our brands for exceptional value and trusted results. Our industry-leading brands include Tetra®, Instant Ocean®, Marineland®, 8-in-1®, Dingo®, FURminator®, Nature’s Miracle®, GloFish®, DreamBone® and SmartBones®.
The BSA (Bird and Small Animal) Associate Brand Manager is responsible for executing bird and small animal projects and initiatives that supports the overall category and marketing strategies. The BSA Associate Brand Manager collaborates with Product, Sales and Customer Management teams to ensure the BSA brand success.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Strategic input
- Aid in developing the BSA category strategy and programs necessary to meet the overall financial goals.
- Provide input for BSA objectives to assist in the business planning process.
- Customer support and line reviews
- Evaluate and prepare bids for new and existing business.
- Generate and interpret insights derived from relevant data and reports as needed.
- Product Development
- Support cross functional project teams focused on execution of BSA programs, initiatives and/or strategies.
- Cross Functional support
- Help manage the BSA product lines for best balance between customer opportunity/expectation and supply-chain efficiency.
- Sales Support and Materials
- Partner with Sales to provide essential Sales & Marketing support materials. This includes website, literature, trade show support, and other digital assets as needed by the customer for their BSA product offerings.
- Help develop sales stories for BSA programs.
- Competitive/Market Research
- Work with Category Management and Sales to proactively monitor competitive product and pricing activity and recommend strategic and tactical actions to achieve financial objectives.
Education and Experience Profile
- College degree in Marketing, MBA preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience
- Experience with sales and marketing budgets.
- Highly organized and very strong, proven project management skills.
- Able to work effectively across functions.
- Enjoys a high-energy, high expectation, results-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and situations in a calm and effective manner.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional level.
- Strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to Inclusion and Diversity. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Spectrum Brands complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Spectrum welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Priority may be given to current employees or local candidates.