Bid Writer (BW-MedServ) Staffordshire, England
CRG Medical Services are a leading provider of Police Custody and Prison Healthcare services across the UK. Due to a recent period of significant growth and a very healthy future bidding pipeline, CRG Medical Services are looking for an experienced Bid Writer to join our Central Bidding Team.
Reporting to the Business Lead, our ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level (or equivalent by experience) preferably with experience of working within the Health and Criminal Justice environment, or within the wider Healthcare Sector.
The successful candidate will play an integral role in responding to new business and renewal tenders, producing professional proposals that articulate CRG Medical Services value proposition, by liaising with a multitude of subject matter experts from within the business.
You will have a flexible approach to working, with capacity to contribute and manage more than one project at the same time. You will have excellent analytical skills and an exceptional ability to clearly articulate complex/technical solutions.
The core elements of a Bid Writer's role are:
- Producing PQQ/SSQ and ITT submissions, within set deadlines;
- Formatting and proof-reading bid applications and supporting material prior to referral for review and approval to Subject Matter Experts;
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of relevant and external minimum, regulatory, and best practice requirements across the healthcare sector
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and closely evaluating bid documentation to understand requirements
- Understanding and tailoring bid submissions appropriately
- Designing, developing and creating bespoke, high quality written responses;
- To have the ability to manage several bid submissions at any one time;
- Working/engaging with other Management Professionals/ Subject Matter Experts from across the business for specialist or commercial information and integration within proposals;
- Managing and maintaining the Bid Collateral Library
- When not actively bidding, supporting the Bid Team with bid pipeline and opportunity research ahead of forthcoming tenders.
We're looking for a driven, meticulous individual who possesses the below skills:
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in tender/proposal writing
- Exceptional written English language skills
- Excellent project and time management skills, including the ability to meet challenging timescales and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Familiarity with online tendering portals
- Pro-active, organised and self-motivated
- A full UK Driving Licence
- Previous experience from within the Health and Criminal Justice environment, or within the wider Healthcare Sector.
- £40K-£45K per annum dependent on experience
- 40 Hours per week, with the requirement to be flexible with working hours during bid submission period
- 23 days annual leave, rising by an additional day each year up to a maximum of 28 days following 5 years’ service.
- Birthday leave
CRG Medical Services is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
Our offices adhere to strict COVID-19 policies, including the wearing of masks when not at desk, social distancing and rigorous cleaning schedule including regular antiviral fogging.