Rifle Range Technician (EW2904) Woking, England
|Salary:||GBP9 - GBP10.5 per hour|
Our client in Woking are looking for Rifle Range Technicians to join the busy team.
Main purpose of the role:
Preparation of ranges, including the maintenance and production of targetry for general shooting and competition. Provision of support during routine shooting and competition.
The role will involve:
- Ensuring that the ranges are safe and suitable for general shooting and competition.
- Provision of daily targetry in accordance with range control requirement.
- Production and repair of targetry in preparation for general shooting and major competitions in accordance with Task Sheets issued by Shooting and Competition Division. .
- Deployment, installation and recovery of non-permanent range furniture, targetry and target infrastructure.
- Preparation of ranges for competition in accordance with relevant Task Sheets.
- Provision of routine maintenance to target mechanisms including Hythe frames and target turners, additional checks prior to competitions.
- Daily maintenance of the stop butts by hand identifying the requirement for major maintenance to the Deputy/Head of Range Services
- Inspection, cleanliness and maintenance of the Butts and firing points areas
- Highlight any safety issues to the Range Safety Supervisors promptly
- Providing support and augmentation to Range Control and Shooter Reception.
- Provision of support and assistance to less abled shooters
- Provision of support to target marking staff
- Conduct monthly range inspections and action tasks/rectify faults in accordance with JSP 403 and in conjunction with DIO (Pirbright) where appropriate
- Compliance with all relevant Health and Safety regulations
If you are interested in this role, please apply by forwarding a copy of your most recent CV and a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.