Desktop Analyst (EL2) (52078) Olive Branch, Mississippi
Desktop Analyst. A contract-to-hire opportunity is available in Olive Branch, MS for a Desktop Analyst who will fully own the evaluation of hardware and software requests that support current and future IT requirements. Responsible for evaluating client requests, prioritizing and coordinating case workflow and managing client escalations.
- Requires working knowledge of infrastructure technology.
- Coordinates the fulfillment of detailed service requests and assists in the resolution of advanced problems in high availability environment.
- Requires working knowledge of: all hardware, hardware build, configuration, compatibility, upgrades, diagnostics and troubleshooting, and desktop based security methodologies.
- Requires troubleshooting capabilities of the operating systems, and OS modifications.
- May install and configures non-standard and legacy applications.
- May assist with the resolution of advanced issues.
- Typically would work on or coordinate projects of moderate size and organizational span. Projects would typically have low to moderate budget impact.
- Two-year degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Warehouse experience (experience troubleshooting the following devices):
- RF devices
- barcode scanners
- Zebra printers
- laser printers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to motivate and direct team members to build productive, cooperative work teams.
- Work well both independently and as a member of a high performance team.
- Proactive, innovative, and creative in meeting customer and enterprise needs.
- Proficient PC skills; including working knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of business unit’s functions and applications.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills.
- Understanding of project management theory and team dynamics.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with others, initiate action, and adapt to change
- Experience supporting multi-platform environments including the following: Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Citrix Access Gateway, Crowdstrike Anti Virus, and Microsoft SCCM.
- Good understanding of the following hardware and network topologies/protocols: HP, Lenovo, and Dell desktops, laptops, network hubs, Ethernet and TCP/IP protocol
- Individual may participate in a rotating primary support role. This includes after hour and weekend support as required
- Periodic travel to support business initiatives is required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Client does not provide sponsorship for this opening. Candidates must now and in the future be legally eligible to work in the US for any employer.
To view all our open positions, please go to: http://www.jobs.net/jobs/fastswitch/en-us/all-jobs/