Director, Electrical Estimating (E2J DOE21) Birmingham, Alabama
OPPORTUNITY IN TEXAS!!
A Commercial Construction Contractor in Texas, is growing and needs to add a Director, Electrical Estimating. This position plans, coordinates and leads the estimating function of the Company. The Director, Electrical Estimating develops and implements all department standards and procedures and is responsible for the review of all final estimates packages to ensure accuracy and completeness. You will set and manage the department budget, staffing, work assignments, career development, and performance reviews. Completes ACCUBID pricing assemblies.
- Review and evaluate requests for estimates.
- Prepare weekly bid calendar and ensure timely completion of estimates.
- Review estimates and revise for completeness and accuracy.
- Analyze the material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead cost to properly determine if anything is out of line.
- Manage estimating processes and timelines to meet company objectives, both short and long term.
- Perform necessary research to produce accurate, complete and competitive pricing.
- Communicate with customers to define the project scope, address deficiencies, negotiate pricing and build relationships.
- Directly supervise employees and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provide leadership, direction and training to assigned estimating team members.
- Prepare and present completed estimating packages to company executives and senior management.
- Continuously follow up on all bid projects and accurately forecast future awards/probabilities.
- Partner with Operations to properly transfer awarded projects and perform buyouts when necessary.
- Update and modify Accubid database, items, and pricing.
- Develop and maintain estimating procedures and guidelines.
- Prepare reports as needed.
- Set departmental budget and goals for the year.
- Assure that the department functions efficiently and effectively by purchasing equipment and materials as needed.
- Develop and maintain resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure efficient and effective completion of projects.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Senior estimating role on large commercial projects.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership competency.
- Proficient in Accubid and LiveCount.
- Proficient in Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, and Bluebeam.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must be able to work in a fast- paced environment.
- Strong problem- solving competencies and strategic thinking.
- Working Knowledge of the NEC
- Working knowledge of lighting systems and controls
- Comprehensive construction knowledge
- Ability to read and understand civil, architectural, structural, mechanical plans and specifications as they relate to electrical and/or other utility work
- Confers with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Analyzes projects for value engineering options while considering specific job conditions that may affect labor and material to be purchased and installed
- Excellent communicator
Take the next step in your career. APPLY NOW!
Please contact Eric Josko directly for more information at (605)-301-4989 or email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.