Mechanical Design Engineer (VC3714) Scarborough, England
|Salary:||GBP28000 - GBP35000 per annum + benefits|
Castle Employment Engineering Division are working with an expanding business who have recently secured a number of prominent contracts and are looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer to work on and manage new product development activities.
As Mechanical Design Engineer you will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of product design and will be able to guide and coordinate a number of activities on various projects. Due to the nature of the role you will work closely with the sales team, providing tender drawings and will also work with production. You will be involved in production designs and will also deal with Bills of Materials.
As well as working with customers internally and supporting your engineering team you will also be working on projects. This is a challenging and exciting role; in the position of Mechanical Design Engineer you will be required to:
- Plan, schedule and coordinate engineering work
- Ensure all works carried out are compliant to industry and company standards
- Communicate effectively across multiple functions and departments undertaking project work
- Carry out regular update and progress reports to the Project Manager
- Undertake all aspects of product design and development
- Deal with all elements of design including costings and the creation of BOM’s & Assembly Drawings
- Coordinate engineering schedules
- Work in line with budgets and set KPI’s, adhere to ISO 9001 drawing office practises
- Participation in the preparation of project quotations and technical proposals
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- An Engineering Degree, or similar vocational qualification (various disciplines accepted)
- Knowledge of Solidworks 3D or similar software
- xperience of working in a design and manufacturing environment or equivalent (combination of training and experience)
- Some previous knowledge of hydraulics & pneumatic systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of heavy industrial equipment.
This is an amazing opportunity to work with and be part of a highly driven team where you will gain exposure to all areas of the business and various processes where you will have an input how to take things forward and the direction of projects. You will gain experience of working with new technologies, and will be offered the autonomy to develop your own ideas in line with company progression and development.
If you are wanting to work in a challenging role where you will be able to apply and explore engineering principles, implement change working with new products please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org