Project Engineer (VC6700) Malton, England
This is a fantastic opportunity to move into a niche and well-respected engineering business as a Project Engineer to support the increase in workload due to project wins. Working in the YO17 6YB area you will receive a Competitive Salary + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + 5.6% Company Pension + Private Health-care + International Travel + Paid Overtime during Offshore Work + Progression Opportunities + Training.
As a Project Engineer you will be working in a cutting-edge innovative environment based in North Yorkshire, commutable from York, Malton, Pickering, Cleaveland, Scarborough, with on-site parking available. This is also an excellent area to relocate to and can offer a great work life balance, with an excellent standard of living.
Our Business Partner is a leading global provider of bespoke flow metering control systems within the Oil and Gas industry working with and supplying to major well-known companies and contractors in the sector. Run as an independent ‘family’ business, established for over 18 years it has enviable reputation in the industry with great staff retention and repeat business.
The role of Project Engineer will include:
- Full cradle to grave project implementation of electrical and electronic control systems (flow computers, metering control system supervisory computers, PLC).
- Completing functional design specifications, panel drawings, design documentation and test manuals to present to client for approval.
- Completing software and hardware configuration across a range of devices to specification, then ensuring client approval.
- Being part of the installation team to liaise with the client on site to successfully complete system commissioning.
- International travel and stay away for around 4 to 6 weeks per year (typical duration is 2 weeks)
This is an integral and highly inclusive role in the business, incorporating design, testing, installation and commissioning. It will require some working away, nationally and internationally (onshore or off-shore) this type of work will typically be 4 to 6 weeks across the year. This will be required when doing a site survey or undertaking a system install.
We want to speak to people who can display some of the following:
- Experience of Electronic/Electrical controls background, being able to configure systems and devices.
- A strong knowledge and experience of PLC or DCS based control systems.
- An experience of working in Oil & Gas along with people from water, pharmaceuticals, petrochemical or similar backgrounds, as these would transfer well.
- An HNC/HND or equivalent in electrical engineering is required.
- Knowledge of any of the following systems Emerson S600, Omni, FlowX, Honeywell
- Experience in an automation/instrumentation environment
The successful candidate will be working in a highly supportive and progressive environment, with great opportunities for further training and development. It also offers longevity and the opportunity to make your mark in a niche innovative business working in the Oil & Gas industry.
Please apply or drop an email to Jack@Castle-Employment.co.uk to be considered.