Maintenance Engineer (VC2354) Kingston Upon Hull, England
|Salary:||GBP30000 - GBP34000 per annum + shift allowance|
Due to expansion we are seeking a Multi-Skilled Engineer with mechanical or electrical bias to work within a challenging role that comes with great benefits. Working on a rotating shift pattern across 7 days, with a mixture of days and nights on a 6-6 basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a rapidly growing and established family-run business that has built up to become a household name around the world.
This role is commutable from Hull, Beverley, Driffield, Bridlington, Pocklington, there is parking on site and various travel schemes available.
As Maintenance Engineer you be working as part of a small team where the main focus will be to improve the reliability of production equipment through both planned maintenance activities and specific continuous improvement projects. You’ll need to respond to breakdowns quickly and use problem solving and good communication to resolve the issues.
Working as part of the Maintenance team your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining production machinery, such as conveyors, extruders, various packing machinery and fault-finding associated PLC systems
- Reactive and planned maintenance
- Ensuring 5S standards are instigated and maintained
- Working with PM activities, preparing and facilitating plans
- Interacting with the internal system and SAP to ensure communication across the site
- Taking ownership of stock control, ordering replacement parts when required
To be successful in this role you will need to ideally have:
- A recognised engineering qualification (BTEC, City & Guilds or NVQ), preferably in electrical and/or mechanical engineering rather than a variation (essential)
- Experience of working with 5S standards (desirable)
- Good all-round PC skills
- Good knowledge of pneumatics
- A willingness to learn and a can-do attitude
- A proven track record of using your initiative and being self-motivated
- A desire to progress and develop in your career
Experience of working with PLCs is helpful but not essential as long as the individual is keen to learn.
The cultural fit for this role is extremely important, and we want to speak to people who possess self-motivation and a thirst for learning, who have a desire to contribute ideas to move the Company forward. Our client invests heavily in developing their team so the right candidate will reap the rewards of this culture.
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to work in a demanding yet rewarding environments and where the successful candidate will gain some great exposure to working within the consumer goods sector and be part of an expanding and growing family-run business.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Castle has been established for 50 years providing expert recruitment solutions to the local and wider Yorkshire areas. We have offices in Scarborough and York with specialised staff building trusted partnerships with their clients and candidates.
Benefits: Private Health Care, Excellent Pension Scheme