Training Manager Senior (3060) Fairfax, Virginia
Training Manager Senior
US Citizenship Required*
**Top Secret clearance required**
Responsible for program and or project management of extensive, complex, or large-scale training content development tasks and training delivery tasks. Oversees and provides strategic direction on training needs, processes, and solutions. Manages and mentors a large team of Trainers engaged in all activities associated with the development, testing, maintenance and delivery of customer training programs. Oversees in-person and online training for program applications, provides conference support. Oversees the creation and maintenance of training materials. Clearly communicates technical and non-technical information to beginner, experienced, and expert users, application owners, and other employees. Often represents the training function in meetings with Executive or client management.
• Reviews course content and objectives and evaluates the effectiveness of training presentations and programs. Provides direction on implementing new and innovative approaches to training focusing on trainee engagement and return on investment (ROI).
• Overall responsibility for leading the program, department, or functional area as designated. Oversees, directs, and mentors subordinate staff; communicates job expectations and enforces organizational policies, procedures and core values; responsible for recruiting staff, approving timecards, and conducting performance reviews and disciplinary measures.
• Responsible for on-going classroom observations of direct reports, providing guidance, mentoring, and support that focuses on performance improvement.
• Responsible for management of the entire training project lifecycle from inception, to analysis and planning, to rollout, to completion and phase-out. Ensures all training output conforms to Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
• Directs needs analysis, custom course development, development of criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of course objectives, and evaluation and learning assessments.
• Analyses the cost effectiveness of the training function and presents the results to clients and stakeholders.
• Stays abreast of new technologies that promote trainee engagement and facilitate superior training and operational performance.
• Prepares reports and monitors training tasks in support of project goals using established training standards and software and hardware programs such as modeling and simulation and prototyping efforts.
• Delivers presentations and trainings using acceptable methods and techniques including in-person training, online training, train-the-trainer
formats and presentations at conferences or to management groups.
• Oversees the development of quizzes and surveys to conduct training analysis to determine the effectiveness of trainings.
• Accountable for the design and development of instructional materials for new and existing trainings such as lesson plans/curriculum, SOPs, learning objectives, user and instructor guides, handouts, practical exercises, and other necessary materials that are effective in assisting adults, uniformed personnel, ASM clients, and other ASM employees learn technical applications.
• Reviews and approves revisions to documentation materials made by Trainers based on feedback received from subject-matter experts, team members, and other writers.
• Builds the travel schedule and conducts regular meetings in accordance with the project or training plan. Assigns responsibilities to senior trainers.
• Tracks and maintains the travel and Other Direct Cost Budgets (ODC) authorizations for submission to program/project leadership.
• Creates and Reviews expense authorizations before travel and expense reports upon completion of travel.
• Responsible for ensuring exceptional performance of the training program, setting program goals, and resolving setbacks and challenges as they arise.
• Consults with and advises clients and senior colleagues on all major training issues, recommending preferred solutions that meet organizational goals.
• Experienced in the use of, and aware of the capabilities of, learning management systems, SCORM and AICC technologies, and the potential for learning record systems.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant years of experience.
Master’s Degree preferred.
DoD Instructor Certification preferred. Membership of ATD or other similar professional body desired.
7-10 years of experience as a trainer for technical projects with 5+ years of management experience. A combination of equivalent education and experience may be considered.
**Top Secret clearance required**
Other Job Specific Skills
• Presents a polished and professional demeanor which allows the individual to interface and clearly communicate both technical and non-technical information effectively to beginner, experienced, and expert users.
• Demonstrated skill in analysis and measuring the performance of a training program.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and provide direction to a team of employees.
• Communication skills must be superior to display enthusiasm with a calm and professional demeanor.
• Skilled in writing concise, logically and grammatically correct training programs and correspondence dealing with complex subject matters.
• Must be detail oriented and should utilize their professional experience within the field to keep trainings on schedule
• Must be an advanced user of Microsoft Office suite of programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Adobe products. Conversant with and a competent user of elearning software such as Adobe Captivate and Audition, Camtasia, and other computer based training authoring tools.
• Possesses strong listening skills as well as presentation skills, and should be comfortable conducting Q&A discussions with users and other stakeholders to collect application feedback and concerns.
• Must be well organized and have good interpersonal skills.
• Prepared to travel 40%-75% of the time per month with some months being less and some possibly more. Travel will usually be scheduled at least one month in advance but may occur with little notice depending on availability.
• Ability to adjust and change focus and/or priority as well as the ability to successfully multi-task as needed and set priorities as needed.
• Knowledge of and prior experience with the Army or in a military health care setting is a plus.