Front Office Coordinator (360133) Allegan, Michigan
SNI Companies is looking for a part time Front Office Coordinator in Allegan, MI. The Front Office Coordinator manages a variety of front office functions and is key to smooth operation of a dynamic outpatient wound care center as well as performs general office duties to assist the staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Actively participates in staff meetings to support key functions within the Center.
- Greets patients and other visitors, answers and routes calls to appropriate staff.
- Maintains all patient communication needs including scheduling, rescheduling, and appointment reminders. Also works and schedules for provider, according to the care continuum model.
- Obtains and verifies patient insurance information, to include pre-certifications and pre-authorizations for services and enters data in appropriate databases.
- Collects and enters patient charges in databases.
- Verifies and reconciles charges as directed, prepares monthly patient survey data and appropriate documentation, then transmits to providers.
- Assembles new patient charts, maintains and files existing patient charts, and spot checks charts for data completeness and signatures.
- Coordinates/schedules ancillary testing with other hospital departments.
- Arranges for patient transportation as needed.
- Maintains office equipment and supplies as needed, and medical supplies as directed.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education, Experience and Credentials
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
- Two or more years office administration experience, preferably in a medical setting
- Prior medical coding experience preferred
- Associate’s degree preferred