Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Maidenhead, England
Salary: GBP12 - GBP14 per hour
An opportunity has arisen within a thriving business based in Maidenhead for an Accounts Payable professional for a minimum of a 6-month period. This is a growing business offering plenty of opportunity to grow and develop through project work and process improvement:
- Ensure that all items on the Email Helpdesk or by post are processed in a timely manner.
- Check for appropriate documentation, banking details, etc. and communicate any omissions as soon as possible. Correctly code all invoices.
- Obtain authorisation to pay, or ensure that adequate authorisation has already been given
- Post all correctly authorised invoices into the system
- Run pay cycles from FSA to initiate payments and process those payments to generate unloads and/or manual entry to the required banking systems. Communicate payment as required.
- Ensure that filing is kept up to date on a daily/weekly basis and that document scanning is completed to deadlines.
- Provide excellent customer service and payment issue resolution. Resolve processing / payment queries in a timely manner. Forward invoices received to person responsible as soon as possible.
- Ensure that company Finance deadlines are met successfully.
- Provide cover for other team members during periods of absence.
- Contribute and participate in process improvement projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Experience in accounts payable, understand credit and debits, processing invoices
- Strong networking abilities and an ability/willingness to work with internal and external stakeholders across the globe
- Strong analytical skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication / writing skills
- Strong computer skills
- Computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel, Power Point and Internet skills), aptitude for training, capable of operating standard office equipment (e.g. fax, copier etc.).
- Flexible and adaptable to a developing work environment
- Self-motivation with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Works well independently as well as in a team environment
- Detail and process oriented
- Positive attitude and approach
- Customer oriented
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".
* Indicates a required field.