Mechanical Inspector (BBBH13637) Stevenage, England
|Salary:||GBP24.4 - GBP27.62 per hour|
On behalf of our client, who specialise in defence, we are seeking a Mechanical Inspector to join on an initial 6-month contract.
Role: Mechanical Inspector
Pay: Up to £27.62 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours a week
Contract: 6-month contract – potential to extend to 12-months
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: Valid SC
- Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure
- Examining for correct assembly
- Examining the finish of all parts to detect faulty finishing or painting, deterioration of surfaces etc.
- Inspect for physical damage
- Intermediate inspection checks non product certification
- Monitor product certification operators
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack
- Control defect items via segregation from good product
- Raise and maintain relevant data records/defect reports
- Produce relevant inspection/quality control documentation/history sheets
- Care for and use specialised inspection tools
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process
- Ensure inspection times are met
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Maintain a good housekeeping policy
- Willing to contribute to an environment of process improvement.
Skills and Experience Required
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21or HNC
- Several years’ experience as a skilled person - Significant mechanical inspection experience
- IPC 610 certified / trained preferred.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”