Manufacturing Engineer (BBBH13170) Broughton, Wales
|Salary:||GBP32 - GBP36.16 per hour|
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join on an initial 12-month contract. As the Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for work preparation to industrialised minor and major modifications for Single Aisle aircraft.
Role: Manufacturing Engineer
Pay: £36.16 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Contract: 12-month contract – likelihood of extension
Location: Broughton – mainly onsite
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: Basic clearance
- Translate design intent into the compilation and control of technical instructions and Manufacturing Engineering data for use in aircraft detail manufacture, assembly, test, and certification, utilising current business tools.
- Implement best practice methods, tools, and processes from first principles to meet current and future business requirements.
- Deliver detailed work preparation definition (routings, BOM’s, SOI’s, STV calculations) for aircraft production.
- Ensure that all work and documentation meet departmental procedural and regulatory requirements.
- Project manage detail manufacture, assembly, test and certification methods, tools, and process improvements, including implementation strategies in accordance with business requirements.
- Evaluate capacity of the manufacturing process, enhance as required and recommend changes to the product design standard.
- Provide electrical/mechanical shopfloor support to operations, supply chain and Final Assembly Lines.
- Knowledge of lean principles.
- Application and knowledge of the current business management tools, as below:
- SAP APD and PEA systems
- DPDS/PASS and PDM link systems
- MTM TiCon systems
- Microsoft / Google office tools
- Training for the above will also be provided for a suitable candidate
- Ability to operate from first principles in manufacturing disciplines and activities requiring technical skills and knowledge to make daily business decisions.
- Degree/HND/HNC/NVQ4 in Engineering or closely related subject, or
- Lower academic qualifications combined with 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing engineering environment, or Higher Apprenticeship or equivalent in Engineering.
- Working knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering, Design, and other Business Information Systems.
- Experienced knowledge of aircraft production, and engineering methods and procedures.
- Understanding of relationships and interactions with other Manufacturing Engineering and Business functions.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Leadership skills, and self-motivated are desirable
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”