Software Developer (Java) (BBBH13867) Stevenage, England
|Salary:||GBP65 - GBP70 per hour|
On behalf of our client, we are seeking several Software Developers (Java) to join on an initial 6-month contract. As the Software Developer (Java), you will develop and support a number of software products used to operate complex satellite payloads designed at our clients UK sites in Portsmouth and Stevenage.
These key products use a mix of architectures and languages satisfying various customer (internal and external) needs. As well as maintaining and developing current software products, a number of legacy C++ products need to be re-architected in Java to fulfil customer requirements.
Role: Software Developer (Java)
Pay: £70 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week
Contract: 6 months
Location: Stevenage or Portsmouth
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: Valid SC
You should be able to demonstrate experience in software development utilising Java EE/Spring technologies across windows/Linux application archetypes as well as with Relational/NoSQL database server, setup, performance tuning, replication etc. Experience of modern development methodologies is paramount, with fluency in Maven, CI (Jenkins) and Test Driven Development.
As the developer, you will work as part of a small team under a software architect, working within an agile project environment to develop, integrate, test and debug software both in simulation and in payload hardware environments.
Skills and Experience
- UK SC clearance required
- Demonstrable experience of developing client/server or distributed software solutions in Java.
- Problem solving and the ability to think laterally as part of a team or individually to meet the needs of the project.
- The ability to work unsupervised, within a team on multiple and concurrent tasks to tight deadlines.
Technical Knowledge –
- Java 8 onwards & JavaEE
- Spring Framework
- Message-based parsing (JSON & XML)
- Importance of TDD & BDD
- Agile team working using JIRA
- Experience with both Windows and Linux platforms
- Micro-Services & scalable, distributed software systems
- Enterprise Design Patterns
- Relational & Non-Relational Databases
- Software Modelling (UML)
- Documentation skills (UML)
- Unit & integration testing (JUnit, TestNG, Selenium)
- CI/CD (Jenkins / Maven / Nexus).
- Functional Programming
- Reactive Development & Actor Based Concurrency (AKKA)
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) with Cucumber
- User Interface Design
- Container & Cloud Technologies (Docker / AWS / Azure)
- Understanding of network connectivity (LAN) and protocol stacks (TCP/UDP)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”