Industrial Tolerance and Capability Engineer (BBBH13452) Broughton, Wales
|Salary:||GBP32 - GBP35.03 per hour|
On behalf of our client, we are seeking an Industrial Tolerance and Capability Engineer to join on an initial 6-month contract. As the Industrial Tolerance and Capability Engineer, you will join the Wing Plan Industrial Architect department and work within the Wing Build Philosophy team collaborating with internal stakeholders from multiple disciplines and with external customers. Your mission is to guarantee the product and industrial system’s geometrical consistency within the Industrial Architecture team and within the Plant Manufacturing Engineering teams.
Role: Industrial Tolerance and Capability Engineer
Pay: £35.03 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Contract: 6-month contract
Location: Broughton – Hybrid working
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS
Tasks and Accountabilities
- Industrial System Architecture development along with Frontier Drawing Definition process
- Provide geometrical expertise for build concept development and advise on potential improvements.
- Provide an industrial Model of process tolerances (J&T, machines, etc) for industrial/product trades.
- Key interface to Engineering tolerancing team.
- Co-design of Product and Industrial System by converging product requirements and Industrial capabilities.
- Co-Design of datum philosophy to reflect industrial needs.
- Frontier Drawing / Package Frontier Drawing stakeholder for tolerances to capability convergence.
- Model and provide the results of process capability assessment based on technology available information.
- Support E2E Measurement strategy and assess product/industrial impacts.
- Integrate and deploy the agreed standard process and methodology for Geometric Manufacturing.
- Capability Indicators calculation within the whole industrial landscape.
- Define and steer the applicable process capability methodology to support the data assessment needs
- Industrial Datum Strategy.
- Industrial Datum Cascading Process.
- Co-Design of overall Datum Twin: Product model and Industrial Model (J&T, machines, etc).
- Contribution to the definition of skills and competences needed for central, local and supplier support teams.
- Support the identification, development of specific training needs to fulfill required competences- Process, Method, and Tools.
- Contribute to the definition and improvement of process and method for Industrial tolerancing and capability.
- Support identification and development of (Information Technology) IT tools when required.
- Contribute to the definition of a harmonised way to perform datum cascading to industrial systems and/or subcomponents.
- Ability to provide expert knowledge of 3D Tolerancing tools and conversant in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) methodologies and their application within the design / manufacturing environments.
- It includes different knowledges:
- Knowledge and ability to analyse 3D data, assisting in problem solving and issue resolution, make final recommendation to the customer based on technical findings, experience, and lesson learnt.
- Understand and apply geometric dimensioning and tolerancing principles to align functional engineering requirements with manufacturing capability and eventually perform tolerance stack analyses. Use of Airbus GD&T tools and techniques.
- Ability to create M-DMU considering production requirements and constraints, including jigs and tools.
- Knowledge of manufacturing concepts / build philosophy, datum, and manufacturing capability to establish appropriate tolerances for product characteristics and include processes, tests, specifying workflow, capacity, logical course of work, tools, and components methods. Knowledge of tooling concepts and requirements.'
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”