FPGA Design Engineer (BBBH13180) Farnborough, England
|Salary:||GBP60 - GBP70 per hour|
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a FPGA Design Engineer to join on an initial 6-month contract. As the FPGA Design Engineer, your position will be focused on the design, development, and test of FPGAs in the Zephyr Avionics subsystems, to maximise the potential of persistent flight operations in the stratosphere.
Role: FPGA Design Engineer
Pay: £70 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week
Contract: 6-month contract
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS
- Requirements specifications of FPGAs for Avionics subsystems
- Full-lifecycle development of new and existing FPGA designs in VHDL.
- Definition of procedures for integration, test, and manufacture.
- Electronic component selection in accordance with requirements
- Qualification and traceability against requirements
- Investigation and test of Avionics subsystems
- Providing compliance evidence against certification standards
- Providing Avionics support to other Zephyr teams as required (Systems, Production, Flight Operations, Line Maintenance)
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry such as aerospace, medical devices, rail transport, or oil & gas
- A proven track record of design, development, and delivery of FPGA designs (ideally ProAsic) and testbenches in VHDL.
- Experience using FPGA design tools for design capture (ideally Actel Libero), simulation (ideally ModelSim) and synthesis (ideally Synplify Pro).
- Electronic component selection in accordance with requirements.
- Knowledge of communication theory and methods.
- Ability to deliver to defined timescales, requirements, and budgets.
- Experience developing electronics for harsh thermal and radiation environments
- Experience of aerospace certification and safety standards DO-178, DO-254, ARP4754, ARP4761
- Experience of UAS airworthiness or Space system quality standards (ECSS or similar).
- Multi-layer mixed signal PCB layout using CAE. (ALTIUM and ORCAD preferred)
- PCB manufacture and test methodology
- Embedded software development (8051 or similar)
- Experience of requirements capture and management
- Capability to take a unit design from requirements through detailed design and system trade-offs to prototyping and batch production, testing, and system integration.
Education and Training
- You should hold a BSc / HNC / BEng and / or recognised aerospace-based apprenticeship in electrical and electronic engineering or equivalent.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”