Production Planner (MRP Controller) (BBBH13611) Bolton, England
|Salary:||GBP22.71 - GBP24.26 per hour|
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Production Planner (MRP Controller) to join on an initial 6-month contract. As the Production Planner (MRP Controller), you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of existing and future manufacturing schedules, delivering Logistics Management activities and ensure customer programmes are met in a timely manner.
Role: Production Planner (MRP Controller)
Pay: Up to £24.26 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours a week
Contract: 6-month contract – potential to be extended
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS
- Ensure the timely and cost-effective provisioning of parts and internal services.
- Encompass areas of activity associated with supply chain management.
- Define and control the detailed manufacturing plan such that inventory and work-in progress are maintained at minimum levels consistent within a lean manufacturing facility.
- Provide written and verbal information on the status of the plan and achievements to date, using management reporting techniques.
- Tactically manage collaborative and preferred suppliers of bought out items, in order that material flows satisfy programme requirements whilst minimising stock levels.
- Attend and contribute to review meetings i.e., Integrated Production Teams (IPT’s), Forward Planning Sessions, Supplier Reviews, Cross Functional Sessions.
- Contribute to the implementation of proposed task directive changes, new or amended orders, regarding their effect on inventory and programme.
- Advise on manufacturing ‘Best Practice’ as part of a team, and actively take part in process improvement programmes.
- Deploy the planning tools i.e., SAP, Inventory Control, KPS and have the flexibility to use and develop new methods of working within a continually changing environment.
- Responsible for the movement of hardware through manufacturing process.
- The successful candidate must be self-motivated, able to take responsibility, results oriented and demonstrate an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Competencies such as resilience, influencing and interpersonal skills and customer focus are essential to the role.
- A good understanding of health and safety procedures necessary for safe functioning of a team and knowing the boundaries of the job and how to escalate to more senior levels is also necessary.
- Previous experience of logistics or an associated discipline would be an advantage.
- The willingness to learn, develop and apply knowledge is important to this role.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and databases is required in this role.
- Knowledge of Kanban and 2 bin systems.
- Experience with an Enterprise Planning System e.g., SAP.
- ESD training
- Health surveillance requirements
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”