Manufacturing Engineer (BBBH13305) Farnborough, England
|Salary:||GBP35 - GBP40 per hour|
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join on an initial 6-month contract. As the Manufacturing Engineer, you will be inside the HAPS Zephyr project team. The scope of this role is to deliver Manufacturing Engineering solutions to the new production system which delivers the HAPS Zephyr Aircraft and Ground Support Equipment in line with business requirements.
Role: Manufacturing Engineer
Pay: £40 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week
Contract: 6-month contract
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS
As a key member of the HAPS production MFT your main tasks and responsibilities will be to provide hands-on enablement of design intent into a qualified lean production system for HAPS Zephyr UAV’s platforms to Safety, Quality, Cost and Time through:
- Design and qualification of a HAPS production system using Manufacturing System Engineering tools and processes. (Cellular production approach, Lean Process flow, MTM, line balancing, capital investment items, factory layout, simulation).
- Delivery of shop floor requirements to the HAPS Facilities Management team.
- Create / change MRP system shop floor ralls / job card definitions / shop floor standard operating instructions (SOI’s) / quality care cards
- Technical dossiers and support to procurement activities, supply chain monitoring and Make v Buy decisions (including benchmarking).
- Technical problem solving and support to production and supply chain.
- Application of APQP as appropriate
- Perform Design for Manufacture (DFM) / Design to Cost (DTC) studies and provide input to design teams
- Liaison with MGSE / Jig & Tools (Design, Manufacture, Calibration & Maintenance)
- Deriving and Enabling production KPI’s in conjunction with operations teams.
- Continuous Improvement of the production system in line with business targets
- Enable Health and Safety target achievement.
- Enablement of the “Right First Time” Quality culture with associated business systems and feedback loops
- Innovative, agile and self-driven in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Proven experience in a Manufacturing Systems Engineering role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of aircraft or space equipment production assembly, aircraft wiring, avionic system installation and testing techniques.
- Experience creating, standardizing, or improving production systems, teams and facilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated Experience solving technical operational issues
- Able to work in a multi-function team and matrix organisation.
- IT & CAD Skills
- English to Negotiation Level
- Educated to degree level in an engineering discipline
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”