Equipment Maintenance Technician (BBBH115) Greenock, Scotland
|GBP28000 - GBP35000 per annum + + shift allowance & great wider benefits
MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting an Equipment Maintenance Technician on behalf of our manufacturing client. My client is a market leader in their respective field. The Equipment Maintenance Technician is based in Greenock and reports to the Engineering Manager.
The successful Equipment Maintenance Technician, based in Greenock, will maintain and inspect a wide range of equipment. In this position the candidate will work a Rotating shift pattern:
- 12-hour rotating shift pattern (2 weeks 7am – 7pm & 2 weeks 7pm – 7am)
- Averaging 42 hours per week with a 31% shift allowance
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for carrying out routine maintenance and minor repairs effectively and safely to improve tool availability and maximise cycle time.
- Perform equipment preventative maintenance and servicing to a suite of manufacturing equipment in a cleanroom environment.
- It is essential that this maintenance is carried out to an extremely high standard and remain compliant to all systems at all times.
- Collaborating with PM Group to ensure schedules are robust and improve tool performance in the longer term
- Will have a professional approach to online priorities, working with Shift Manager and Equipment Engineering as required
- During the process of carrying out PM’s you are responsible for to reduce the number of fails and improve the tool availability
- Able to demonstrate good problem-solving methodology to correct and prevent equipment faults, e.g. knowledge of Why-Why Analysis, Difference Analysis, etc.
- Provide written updates via SAP work orders and timely communication to the Shift Maintenance Manager for shift reports.
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
- Ideally applicants will be time served with a minimum HNC in Electronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is required. Relevant training will be provided.
- You should have demonstrated in the past an aptitude for taking on new tasks and or responsibilities in line with continuous improvement methodology out with your normal role.
- Candidates must demonstrate an aptitude for mechanical engineering as well as computer literacy.
- The candidate must demonstrate an in-depth understanding of safe working practices and work in a compliant manner at all times.