Procurement Manager (BBBH234) Gourock, Scotland
|GBP42000 - GBP52000 per annum + plus excellent benefits
** Are you a Strategic Procurement Professional who has experience in end-to-end tendering? **
MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Procurement Manager on behalf of our Logistics client. My client is a market leader in their respective field. Reporting to the Head of Procurement, this position offers a very flexible, hybrid working model which enables mostly home working (HQ is Greenock).
The successful Procurement Manager will be required to work effectively in a regulated Procurement environment and demonstrate an agile approach in line with the business demand, while ensuring compliance to all relevant Legislation, Processes and Procedures. Maximising efficiencies through the use of best Procurement practice is essential. The Procurement Manager will also identify, develop and deliver value for money and best practice through a portfolio of Supply Markets. They will be responsible for strategic sourcing and delivery of significant savings identified from a defined range of market areas.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Formulate, negotiate and manage a defined range of market areas to secure the best terms, conditions and financial outcomes for the Company.
- Administer the commercial aspects of contracts including supplier appraisal, tender preparation, tender assessment, negotiation, recommendation, placement, variation management, claim management and performance monitoring.
- Maintain market knowledge of all areas of expenditure and assist in developing supply chain strategies that will underpin Company objectives.
- Assist in monitoring supply market relationships, externally and internally and act as subject matter expert.
- Develop and implement Supply Chain Strategies, deliverables and agreed targets for a defined range of market areas and ensure risks are understood, managed and promulgated.
- Provide regular and pro-active liaison and support to internal and external customers to enable best practice to be achieved throughout Company-wide contracts.
- Ensure all materials procured meet the Company’s requirements of suitability for purpose, quality, safety and price and continually monitor and assess Suppliers to ensure they are providing a service in accordance with their contractual obligations.
- Assist in establishing a strategy that achieves targeted savings, performance improvement and supplier rationalisation.
- Responsible for reviewing all relevant legislation, rules and procedures recommending areas of change.
- Undertake other duties as directed.
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
- Degree and/or relevant professional qualification and significant contract experience desirable.
- Member of the Charted Institute of Purchasing & Supplies or equivalent qualification is desirable.
- Experience of both Public and Private sector Procurement is desirable.
- Experience of conducting major Contract negotiations is essential.
- Proven track record of delivering optimum results in a multi-faceted Procurement operation together with a comprehensive knowledge of Supply Chain governance desirable.
- Working knowledge of the Supply Chain and contract processes including European and National legislation.
- Awareness of new technological and best practice advances in Procurement.