EHS Coordinator (BBBH199) Glasgow, Scotland
|GBP30000 - GBP35000 per annum + plus excellent benefits
MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a EHS Coordinator on behalf of our Logistics client. My client is a market leader in their respective field. The EHS Coordinator will be part of the EHS Team, based in Glasgow, and report to the SHEQ Manager.
Based in Glasgow, this is exciting development opportunity exists to be part of the EHS team that monitors, reviews and implements group standards. The common and strategic goal is to provide an efficient and safe operational service and logistical solution to our customer base.
The principle objective of the EHS Coordinator role is to ensure that employees and all other stakeholders are carrying out their duties in a manner that complies with Group policies and procedures, thus ensuring these are monitored, reviewed and implemented while offering support and guidance to employees and relevant third party providers and stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To always maintain a self-safety focus and lead by example and promote a healthy and positive reporting culture amongst employees, third-party partners and other stakeholders.
- Regularly engage with employees, third-party partners and other stakeholders as part of our management programme.
- To assist relevant business unit teams in the development of risk assessments, safe systems of work and safe work instructions.
- To ascertain compliance and effectiveness of risk assessments, safe systems of work and safe work instructions in the form of a planned vs actual review as the task is being conducted.
- To assist EHS Manager and business unit teams to review incidents such as hazard observations, near misses and accidents within the relevant internal safety system
- To undertake and assist in investigations within business units as required to ascertain immediate and root causes and communicate the subsequent lessons learned and remedial action plan with relevant teams.
- Conduct periodic audits and inspections in line with group requirements at local business units
- Assist the operational and maintenance teams in the vetting of visiting contractors and assist the teams in the induction and permit control process.
- Assist the EHS Manager and relevant business unit teams in the continual development of relevant safety systems – ensure accurate information is recorded and required actions are monitored, reviewed and closed out.
- Ensuring Group and local policies, procedures and directives are communicated and fully understood throughout the local business units.
- Partaking in meetings and safety committees relating to QSHE matters within local business units.
- Assist business units in applying change management processes.
- Assist business unit teams with statutory obligations such as – for example, emergency drills etc
- Assist EHS Manager and local Business Units Man in coordinating meetings, minutes and feedback.
- Monitor, review and action internal and external audit results in relation to health, safety, environment and quality performance.
- Support the EHS Manager and business units in the preparation of audits and the collation and control of relevant documents and relevant supporting evidence.
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
- IOSH Managing Safely
- GCSEs or equivalent (English & maths are required)
- Integrity and honesty is critical. Dynamic and self-motivated individual who can work under own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent IT skills (word & excel) including good numerical and analytical skills and an ability to understand and interpret information.
- A knowledge of UK regulatory and legislative requirements
- Confident and approachable personality with good coaching skills.
- Be experienced with administrative and organisational tasks with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience of customer service. (including complaint handling and coordination)
- Be able to prioritise tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- Must be willing to learn new skills and adapt to an ever-changing work environment.
- Be motivated to achieve excellence within the business.
- At ease working with heights and working near water.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO Management Systems.
- Nebosh National General Certificate is preferable or demonstrates a desire for continuous professional development including willingness to attain a NEBOSH Certificate or Diploma.
- Auditing experience is a distinct advantage.
- Experience and knowledge of Integrated Management Systems across multiple standards
- All round knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools
- Running minor change projects
- SAP experience
- Previous experience in a health and safety role