Business Development Manager (BBBH152) Glasgow, Scotland
|GBP40000 - GBP50000 per annum + car allowance, bonus & excellent benefits
Are you a passionate sales professional, who has a proven track record of delivering exceptional results, whilst maintaining excellent service to all customers? Are you a self-starter and can make things happen and foster positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders? We've got the role for you.
MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Business Development Manager on behalf of our well renowned, market-leading logistics client. This is a remote and field-based role, and the Business Development Manager will be responsible for Scotland and wider afield (UK only).
The successful Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing and securing new business opportunities in line with the company’s strategy and goals that add real value, margin and grow the new business portfolio.
- Lead the development of proactive growth opportunities in line with the growth strategy in Scotland
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Prospect for potential new clients to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities and turn this into increased and profitable business.
- Meet potential clients and the decision makers within the client organisation by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Prepare and manage relevant tenders, RFI’s, SLAs etc.
- Arranging and travelling to meetings backed by thorough research and preparation
- To represent the company to external new and existing customers
- Carryout routine industry reviews of potential new markets and deliver findings
- Plan approaches and pitches and then set up meetings between client decision makers
- Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities
- Create Business Plans with clients to identify priorities and objectives, and arrange regular account meetings with agendas and contact reports to monitor and update on progress
- Create and agree KPIs with clients and monitor performance to drive continuous improvements
- Support and manage new business implementations and other account administration in a timely and accurate manner including communicating to other internal teams as appropriate
- Effectively communicate client requirements to internal departments
- Contribute to management information reports to share client agenda and updates internally in agreed timescales and formats
- Work with Clients and operations teams to help improve process and delivery of solutions to make their business more efficient through different initiatives
- Provide requested ad hoc reports to internal teams and clients
- All contact with customers, should be courteous, professional and efficient demonstrating a desire to exceed customer expectations and deliver excellent standards of service
- Strong customer relationship management skills
- Build and maintain effective relationships with external customers and to effectively support business needs
- Ensure Customer expectations and requirements
- Manage personally with escalated complaints until resolution by meeting, phone or e-mail
- Communicate clearly to customers and to key contacts within the business by phone and email
- Ensure all correspondence is checked for accuracy and is branded appropriately
- Cascade all relevant information to customers and team in a timely manner
- Support, facilitate and embrace a culture of open communication when relevant
- Communicate client needs clearly and succinctly to the business
- Communicate any trends or issues to team and agree action plans
- Together with key stakeholders in the business, support the negotiation and renewal of client accounts
- Participate in pricing with stakeholders to agree timely, accurate and competitive pricing on new business proposals whilst striving to maximise profit margin
- You will work in an ethical manner and gain appropriate business stakeholder sign off prior to any new business contract being completed.
- Forecast revenue and business targets
- Screen potential business deals by analysing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments
- Financial and budgeting control of travel costs associated with the requirement to attend external and internal meetings
- This job description is not exhaustive and will be reviewed from time to time and amended by agreement
- There will be an annual Performance Review with your Manager/Supervisor to consider progress, job description and performance in the post
- There may be a need for other comparable duties to be undertaken by the post holder from time to time as required by management
- Everyone has a responsibility to adhere to all companywide policies and procedures, which are updated from time to time
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
- Full and current UK driving license
- Nationwide travel & occasional overnight stays (as required) to meet business needs
- An experienced logistics professional with relevant knowledge of logistics operations. Preferably experience within the following sectors; FMCG, Pharma, Retail and Manufacturing.
- Understanding of the business and related company competencies, strategy and support network
- Representing the company at logistics and general external meetings and events
- Ability to create and deliver effective and professional customer presentations
- Analytical skills to be able to interpret and summarise data
- Have strong influencing skills
- Have good problem solving and decision-making skills, using experience to form sound judgements
- Project management experience
- Experience of leading customer negotiations
- Refined sales skills