Instrumentation and Control Engineer (BBBH171) Dunfermline, Scotland
|GBP35000 - GBP45000 per annum + plus excellent benefits
MRD Recruitment is actively looking for an Instrumentation and Control Engineer to work on a permanent basis for their global client. This role is based in Dunfermline, Fife and reports into their Site Manager.
My client is a global company, with a diverse customer base throughout the world and a market leader within their respective field. Their philosophy and winning approach, which is built around exceptional quality, features ground-breaking innovation and unrivalled reliability.
The successful Instrumentation and Control Engineer will be responsible for the research and design of the company’s new products and systems. They perform various tasks in an engineering department including drafting blueprints, creating test prototypes, and overseeing the manufacturing process.
- Degree/HND/HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experienced Control and Instrumentation Engineer or Electrical Design Engineer from any design and development background
- Control systems experience highly advantageous, but all relevant experience considered
- Knowledge of electrical systems to ensure compliance with regards wiring regulations, HSE Guidance, ATEX, etc
- Good understanding of relevant legislation, standards and be aware of statutory requirements in connection with electrical installation
- Produce documentation in accordance with defined standards / quality requirements.
- Project management concepts – Scheduling, meeting deadlines, producing reports, scope of works based on customer requirements, concept & detailed drawings, project life cycle experience (concept through detail to construction support and as built documentation).
- Support effective delivery of projects to time, quality, and cost targets together with the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Generation of AutoCAD Drawings & reading schematics for weighing control systems
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to follow/interpret/explain technical instructions
- To develop innovative engineering solutions to meet product development requirements in line with company standards and objectives.
- To promote production engineering and manufacturing solutions and their implementation to improve output and enhance the products.
- Studying design briefs, thinking of possible design solutions
- In-house design and technical support roles for all areas of engineering and production.
- To provide hands-on engineering support with the ability to organise/coordinate staff.
- Assessing the usability, environmental impact and H&S of designs by modifying and retesting them
- Good practical engineering skills with previous working knowledge of MRP systems and specifically BOM’s.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- A good team player and be able to demonstrate reliability, flexibility and initiative.
- Previous knowledge of the weighing industry would be an advantage.