IT Business Systems Analyst (BBBH129) Coalville, England
|GBP33000 - GBP40000 per annum + plus excellent benefits
MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting an IT Business Systems Analyst on behalf of our logistics client. My client is a national leader in their respective field. The IT Business Systems Analyst is based in Coalville and reports to the Business Systems Manager.
My client is a leading transport company in the UK which features a diverse fleet operating on a nationwide basis, underpinned by continuous improvement, creative solutions and the innovative use of business systems and technology.
The successful IT Business Systems Analyst, based in Bristol, will be configuring, maintaining and implementing business IT systems (including Transport Management, Warehouse and Back Office) which support the group’s purpose of delivering visionary logistics solutions.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Carrying out system configuration changes and updates to support project delivery or business-as-usual change.
- Playing a proactive role in the technical delivery and optimisation of business systems solutions – including for customer implementations.
- Working closely with Integration Engineers to define requirements for systems and customers end-to-end data integrations.
- Defining test requirements, writing test scripts and carrying out system testing alongside
- changes and updates to business systems.
- Engaging with business stakeholders, reviewing requirements, ensuring alignment to strategy and production of estimates for change requests and project deliverables.
- Engagement with our Power User Group, understanding their roles in the business, the tasks they carry out and collecting their feedback to help inform future system solutions, strategy and continuous improvement.
- Striving for improvements in system performance, ease, and efficiency of use and suggesting changes which will help meet this objective.
- Providing training of business systems and creating support content for internal and external
- Contributing to the planned roadmap for system changes and improvements.
- Maintaining relationships with external system vendors which will be required to support either new solution delivery or resolution of support issues.
- Producing accurate documentation of system solutions – both for Technology and user support purposes.
- Providing support to the Service Desk and 3rd line systems support analysts as necessary.
- Participate in the Technology on-call rota, providing support to the business functions out of hours where required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience of configuring business systems used in a fast-paced operational environment, within either a project governance framework or 3rd line IT environment.
- High level of technical proficiency, IT aptitude and a general interest in technology, systems and software
- Critical thinking and analytical mindset to problem-solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to influence internal and external customers & teams to deliver IT solutions.
- Full UK Driving Licence as travel will be required for this role.
- Understanding of one or more programming languages (to help demonstrate an aptitude for
- understanding system logic) is desirable.
- Experience of working in IT, in a business which is not considered to be in the IT sector (e.g.
- manufacturing, healthcare, logistics) is desirable.