Regional Manager (North) (BBBH189) Perth, Scotland
|GBP48000 - GBP58000 per annum + car allowance and excellent benefits
MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a Regional Manager to work on a permanent basis for our Logistics Client. This role is based in Perth and reports to the Head of Operations.
As a member of the senior management team, based in Perth, you will have full operational and financial accountability for the delivery of operations. You will proactively lead and motivate an operational team. You will perform a client-facing role, ensuring business KPI’s are achieved and customer service levels and expectations are exceeded.
Job Requirements for Regional Manager (Perth):
- Responsible for a headcount of approx. 180, and 7 direct line reports.
- Lead on performance and contract management
- Develop and manage key relationships internally and externally
- Analyse performance of areas of activity in relation to performance targets
- Develop strategies and business plans
- Manage and mitigate risk across a variety of platforms
- Lead cross-functional teams in cost reduction initiatives to improve competitiveness
- Manage overall performance with regular site visits and performance reviews
- Responsible for specific client relationship(s), with regular review of performance and proactive management of issues.
- Manage the operational team to deliver expectations, contract KPI’s and overall performance objectives.
- Own the P&L & balance sheet performance and implement the business plan, ensuring the profitable delivery of a £multi-million profit and loss account.
- Compile annual budgetary targets
- Act in a compliance role whilst maintaining budgets and minimising commercial risk.
- Deliver/improve upon agreed margins and cash flows.
- Lead, review and challenge contract budgets and forecasts
- Delivery strategic succession planning, talent mapping and performance management.
- Report and communicate regularly and effectively with the senior management team.
- Line manage the first and second line teams
- Contribute to meeting the strategic objectives by driving continual performance improvement.
- Work with HR Team to foster a proactive employee relations and engagement culture, including relationships with recognised trade unions.
- Create a cohesive team.
- Deliver the strategic changes required to transform the business culture.
- Ability to continually improve the quality and effectiveness of all activities through the implementation of recognised continuous improvement techniques.
- Communicates change effectively and ensure the business objectives are championed.
- Proven ability to manage, develop and motivate multiple teams.
- Able to interpret the policies, procedures, and aspirations of the business
- Accountable for health and safety culture through best practice activities.
- Ensure consistent application of SOP’s across the Region
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety, quality and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all.
- Champion business change and continuous improvement, leading and embedding business change programmes.
- Acting as an ambassador for the Operations team, actively driving standards and ways of working.
- Champions the values of the company value system, ensuring employees conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times.
- Apply consistent standards to all employees irrelevant of gender, race, disability or sexuality.
- Provide a positive approach to all.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experiences for Regional Manager (Perth):
- Excellent inter-personal and people management skills
- Demonstrate well-developed communication and relationship management as well as influencing skills.
- Proven change/project management experience.
- Excellent resource management skills
- Driving Change through exceptional leadership and teamwork.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of compliance
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritise, think ahead, plan work and meet deadlines
- Proactive problem solver, who can consistently demonstrate making sound, balanced decisions
- Accuracy and Attention to detail.
- Proven multi-tasking experience in a fast-paced environment
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to take ownership of an activity and see it through to completion
- Role model and displays outstanding attitude and behaviours.
- Extensive proven general/logistics operational management experience.
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively, diplomatically and robustly at all levels of seniority and with a wide range of personalities
- Able to build meaningful relationships
- An adaptive leader, people manager and coach
- Handle emotive issues with sensitivity and apply knowledge and judgement to informally resolve situations
- Significant experience of working within a short lead time environment
- High levels of motivation, flexibility and the ability to work on own initiative.
- A focus on cost within a no failure environment.
- A proven track record of leading a large geographically dispersed team.
- The ability to influence stakeholders, whilst driving change and operational improvement within a diverse business.
- Highly confident in challenging the status-quo to positively influence and support achievement of business objectives