IT Manager (BBBH201) Glasgow, Scotland
|GBP35000 - GBP45000 per annum + car allowance and excellent benefits
MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting an IT Manager on behalf of our Retail client. My client is a national leader in their respective field. The IT Manager will work a hybrid working mode, based between home and central belt Scotland. There is an expectation to travel to retail units as and when is required, but not on a regular basis.
Reporting to the Ops Director, the successful IT Manager will be responsible for liaising with IT partners, supporting hosted servers, Commerce and Finance systems, and ensuring the smooth functioning of stores across Scotland.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Act as the primary point of contact for all IT-related issues and incidents, both internal and external.
- Maintain relationships with external system vendors and service providers, which will be required to support either new solution delivery or resolution of support issues.
- Provide hands-on support and maintenance for desktops and printers across multiple retail sites.
- Carry out system configuration changes and updates to support project delivery or
- Play a proactive role in the technical delivery and optimization of business systems solutions.
- Manage inventory of IT assets, including procurement, deployment, and retirement.
- Ensure compliance with IT security policies and procedures.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and implement necessary changes.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technology trends and provide recommendations for system enhancements.
- Contributing to the planned roadmap for system changes and improvements.
- Provide IT support to the business functions out of hours as and when required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in IT support or a similar role.
- Experience in Multi-Site Retail IT Support is highly desirable.
- High level of technical proficiency, IT aptitude and a general interest in technology, systems
- Proven expertise in desktop and printer support.
- Strong knowledge of inventory management and asset tracking.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with vendors and service providers, and influence stakeholders to deliver IT Solutions.
- Valid driving license and willingness to travel to different retail sites across Scotland.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and analytical mindset to problem-solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.