Security Officer (3154 ) Kelburn, Wellington Central, New Zealand
- Do you have outstanding people and communication skills?
- Are able to work as part of a team as well as have individual responsibilities?
- Will you be able to work rostered shifts (afternoons, evenings, and weekends)?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently looking for a Security Officer/s to join the Campus Safety and Security team. If you like being part of a professional team, with a focus on ensuring our people are learning and working in a safe secure environment, then come and join us.
The role will be responsible for supporting the university operations with a focus on safety and security.
- Providing a range of services that support the safety and security of students, staff, and guests on the University’s campuses.
- Ensuring buildings are secure, general checks of buildings to identify any risks. I.e. ensure windows and doors are secured and heaters are off etc.
- Providing emergency and incident response.
- Be proactive ensuring the smooth running of the university by providing information where things need attention/fixing.
Ō pūmanawa - About you
You will be a motivated, customer-focused individual who can take the initiative, provide excellent customer service and policy compliance.
You will thrive in this role with an excellent manner with people, an ability to influence and manage conflict, strong attention to detail, and self-management skills.
- Outstanding people and communication skills including the ability to adjust to different situations.
- Ability to complete a dynamic risk assessment.
- Capability to work as part of a team as well as having individual responsibilities.
- Previous security experience is desirable but not essential.
- Have a clean full driver’s licence.
- Basic computer skills.
We are looking for people who can work rostered shifts (afternoons, evenings, and weekends) to ensure we provide 24/7 service.
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
Our team is fast-paced, likes working in a collaborative style, and thrives in a positive environment. We pride ourselves on our problem-solving and quality service delivery to our client base and are passionate about our emergency response capabilities.
From 31 January 2022, a COVID-19 vaccine mandate will apply to all University staff, students, contractors and visitors. For more information see: https://www.wgtn.ac.nz/covid-19/vaccine-mandate.
Closing date for applications: 04 April 2022
Contact Details for position information: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Peter Gill, Team Leader email@example.com But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application Steps and information
For applicants who are not NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents, we recommend you check the NZ Immigration website for updates related to Covid19 restrictions on entry to New Zealand: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Click Apply Now Button at the base of the advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.