Business Manager (2533) Kelburn, Wellington Central, New Zealand
- Do you have experience as a Business Manager of a mid to large size health practice?
- Are you able to build strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders?
- Do you have effective time management and forward planning skills to balance meeting deadlines and maintain a high standard of service?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting a Business Manager to join the Senior Leadership team within Mauri Ora (Student Health and Counselling) on a permanent basis. The role will be responsible for effectively managing the daily operations of Mauri Ora across the Te Aro, Kelburn and Pipitea campus.
- Management of policies, procedures and systems including client-facing activities,
- Reporting and record management,
- Relationship management.
Ō pūmanawa - About you
You will be a motivated, people-focused individual who can take the initiative, provide excellent administration and service to internal and external stakeholders.
You will have an excellent manner with people, an ability to plan and organise work independently, innovative in the planning and strategies you will bring to the organisation with strong decision-making skills.
You will be a highly organised self-starter and natural relationship builder, who relishes working autonomously as well as providing positive leadership to a high performing team. You will have effective time management and forward planning skills to balance meeting deadlines and maintain a high standard of service to both students and staff. You will also have the ability to remain calm under pressure and thrive working with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Experience as a Business Manager of a mid to large size health practice,
- Knowledge and experience working in the Primary Healthcare Sector including the ability to lead Cornerstone Accreditation and the Healthcare Home programme,
- Proven experience in staff and team leadership and management including coaching, mentoring and staff development within a high demand service environment,
- Sound business administration acumen and knowledge of core functions, administrative processes and good practice; including planning and the development and improvement of operating policies and guidelines,
- Ability to build strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders,
- Experience in working effectively in a multicultural environment.
Why you should join our team
Our team is friendly and supportive, likes sharing ideas, and working in a collaborative style. We offer you flexible working arrangements, learning & development programs including Te Reo Māori. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to develop and grow their business and management experience in a supportive and collegial environment.
Close Date for Vacancy: 12 November 2021
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with, please contact Kevin at email@example.com or our main line 044635308. But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application Steps and information
For applicants who are not NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents, we recommend you check the NZ Immigration website for updates related to Covid19 restrictions on entry to New Zealand: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Click Apply Now Button at the base of the advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.