Operations Manager (5265) Kelburn, Wellington Central, New Zealand
- Do you have experience establishing and implementing operational procedures?
- Are you committed to te Tiriti of Waitangi and its obligations to Māori as tangata whenua and Treaty partners?
- Do you have proven financial and budget management experience?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka―Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka―Victoria University of Wellington is recruiting an Operations Manager to join the University’s Te Puna Pātiotio―Antarctic Research Centre (ARC).
- Contribute to the strategic development of the ARC including working with the Director to develop and implement systems and processes that support the ARC to achieve its strategic goals.
- Work collaboratively with the Finance Business Partner and Divisional Business Operations Manager to provide financial support to the ARC Director including preparation of budgets and forecasts in relation to research revenue, commercial revenue, student-based revenue (EFTS), people costs, as well as occupancy and depreciation to support and deliver on savings.
- Manage ARC facilities ensuring the optimal use of available resources, including coordinating and leading projects.
- Providing effective People Management Administration support to the ARC Director to ensure operational compliance of grant management with University policies and processes.
- Contribute to projects and initiatives designed to deliver the ARC’s strategic priorities and enhance business performance.
Ō pūmanawa - About you
You will be a motivated, customer-focused individual with strong attention to detail and self-management skills who enjoys taking initiative, working independently and as part of wider teams. This role will be busy and challenging but offers the successful candidate the opportunity to develop the position to ensure it offers a high level of operational and strategic support to the ARC. The ability to remain calm under pressure and work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders will be essential.
- Commitment to te Tiriti of Waitangi and its obligations to Māori as tangata whenua and Treaty partners.
- Experience establishing and implementing operational procedures, and administrative processes in alignment with organisational policies.
- Proven financial and budget management experience including an understanding of the research funding and management environment within New Zealand.
- Proven ability to use initiative and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines in a demanding environment with excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong, positive communication skills including a high standard of written English.
- Experience in producing high quality documents and reports.
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
We are a small dynamic team who offer a high standard of professional support to a growing research institute. If you thrive in collaborative environments, openly sharing ideas, and seeking collective solutions you will become an integral part in our future success.
Close Date for Vacancy: Sunday 4 December 2022 at 5pm.
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org . But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application Steps and information
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Then, please combine your cover letter, CV and the University Application Form into a single file (preferably in pdf format).
Click Apply Now Button at the base of the advert. Follow the process to enter your contact details and attach your combined file (CV, cover letter and the University application form) using the “CV/Resume” button.
If you have any issues uploading your application, please email the completed application form, cover letter and CV to email@example.com stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.