School Administrator (4475) Kelburn, Wellington Central, New Zealand
- Do you have experience in customer service?
- Are you a detail-oriented person?
- Do you have fantastic people and communication skills?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting a School Administrator within the School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies. The role will cover administration support to all programmes at undergraduate level and work as part of a wider team.
- Provide administrative support to academic staff and students;
- Maintain records, stationery ordering, photocopying, updating school notice-boards, etc.
- Develop and manage effective systems to accurately administer numerous programmes;
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills; and
- Demonstrate a “can do” attitude.
Ō pūmanawa – About you
You will be a motivated, customer-focused individual who can take the initiative. You will need strong attention to detail and self-management skills. This role is busy, challenging, extremely rewarding and interesting for the individual with the right temperament.
- Experience in customer service preferably in office administration.
- Outstanding people and communication skills including the ability to adjust to different audiences.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Capability to work as part of a team as well as having individual responsibilities.
Ētahi orero hai āwhina I a koe – Why you should join our team
You will join a small team working collaboratively for the School. We like to help each other and share ideas. You will enjoy the diversity within the School and its programmes. There are many opportunities for staff training and development.
Close Date for Vacancy: 14 August 2022
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Bernie Hambleton, Bernie.Hambleton@vuw.ac.nz or tel 04 463 5601 but applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application Steps and information
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Then, please combine your cover letter, CV and the University Application Form into a single file (preferably in pdf format).
Click Apply Now Button at the base of the advert. Follow the process to enter your contact details and attach your combined file (CV, cover letter and the University application form) using the “CV/Resume” button.
If you have any issues uploading your application, please email the completed application form, cover letter and CV to email@example.com stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.